The THANK YOU post

I just wanted to take this opportunirt to thank all of you that have been helping me (and everyone). I sorted out all my speedbumps up to this point and am running Prime95 on both cores as we speak.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

I was afraid that I had made a huge mistake as a first time builder by choosing a DFI. Really, I thought that I was a glutton for punishment.

To be honest, the DFI's are very picky. If you make the big decision to go with a DFI, which I made initially because they have the lowest return rate in the industry, then be prepared to plan everything else around this diva board. It only likes very particular equipment to touch it. These boards are divas in all sense of the word.

Speaking of the low return rate, I just realized what must be the larget contributing factor to this awesome achievement -- this forum. If someone buys a DFI board then they might as well have a whole community of computer intelligents just sitting in their living room, eager to assist with any and all problems. You guys are sincerely respectful. It is one thing to be experienced and intelligent AND ANOTHER to be experience/intelligent and willing to help get people on the road to becoming a peer. MUCH RESPECT!!

I am confident with my DFI board now and happy to have made this selection. I know that if I even have the smallest problem or question than you guys are ready to aid.

THANK ALL OF YOU SO MUCH AGAIN!!!

Yea, I think it's cuz they piss you off so much, you refuse to let them beat ya. My sli-dr was my first build and I was nervous as hell, but everything went together beautiful. I've only recently began having problems with it. I didn't give up on the sli-dr, but I ordered the Expert because I'm tired of dealing with the board layout with my components. It looks like there are a few potential bugs with the Expert and I'm looking forward to working through them. Glutton for punishment, probably, but I dig the Street and DFI.

Your thoughts are the very reason that I'm still here trying to help others after successfully building my first DFI board only a few weeks ago. Without the helpful people around here, and the vast epitomes of knowledge already posted, I dont think my build would have gone as smoothly as it did!

Do me a favor, stick around for a bit and try to help people with their issues! Just make sure you only address the issues you know something about, and you'll quickly realize that it feels good to help people out!

nice post man!

Guest SuppA-SnipA

thank you to the two people telling me to have the 4 connector setup, and for Angry for making that "initial build" thread :)