Good News And Bad News

AYoKoNA

Well a couple days a go my monitor would spaz out and reset its picture for a split second and then its position would be off on the screen in windows. So I lowered my refresh rate, which has been running at 100 hertz since i got it in 2001.(apparently my sony 19" cpd-g400 trinitron can handle it). Then last night the monitor started losing picture off and on throughout boot up even bios, and even and windows. Always i got a flashing black screen. At first I thought maybe it was my new gainward card i just got last week was causing it, but nevertheless i swapped the video cards and figured out it was the monitor after putting an old 17" in its place. I was on the phone for an hour last night just getting tech support from sony. Then they tell me i have warranty but i have to pay for shipping there. Now I have to wait 21 days till i get it back :(

i didn't think a trinitron would take a shat that fast.

Edited by AYoKoNA

fyi, make sure it's insured. sony is real picky about that. they sent my 21" trinitron back to me cuz it wasn't insured. by the time we got it all settled it was out of warranty... and they wouldn't deal with it. I had to go thru the local sony rep at compusa to get them to finally back down and deal with it (he sent it in)

engine.  as in 429cui ford v8... not a monitor.  be glad monitors don't weight that much.... except those dumb 48" covid piles of dung.

no i know i said motor. crap thats a heavy motor. I sold my b16 on ebay (honda motor) and it only came out to 150lbs. a lot less but a 3rd of the size :P

Edited by AYoKoNA