Sign in to follow this  
GonzoDamon

I may have been told before that I worry too much...

Hmmm, just noticed something. My BIOS says that my 12v rail is at 12.35v. Should I adjust that? It it worth worrying about?

No don't worry. If it drops below 12v when you're system is running under full load then it's time to worry. But I doubt that will happen as it is now with your OCZ PowerStream since they're very stabile.

You should use multimeter I guess to be sure. Mine shows 12.02 with no load but dunno if I trust that reading...

12.35 seem a bit high but how it will affect your computer I don´t know. Check with multimeter before you change the pots which I think that PSU has...

Gonzodamon, quick question. I have a SLI-DR Expert coming tomorrow and I have that video card. Does it cover any part of the chipset fan or miss it entirely?

Well, it covers about 2 cms of the fan blades from the top. I don't think it's enough to drastically effect the airflow. I do worry too much and it doesn't worry me, so consider that...

Thanks, I could tell from the board layout in the manual that if it did catch it, it wouldn't be by much. It's got to be a lot better than my SLI-DR, trying to cram that card and 4 Seagate sata's in it. I had to give up 2 sata ports and my 7800GTX totally covered the cs fan.

Damn, how close? It looked like it would miss the NF4 sata ports pretty easily. Just so I got it staight, they will go in right. I'll find out tomorrow I guess, but I'm really hoping they go in straight. My sli-dr blocked #3 but I could get #4 in at an angle at the very end of the card. So, close is close, but they will fit?

Get a multimter and check those rails... I got to get a new PS...my volt rails SUCK...i just dont OC, so thats might be leaving my rig stable. (sorry for the bad english)

I believe that it's safe up to 12.60... my OCZ runs the 12v at 12.54, and I havent had any problems at all. Then again, it IS adjustable, so if it bothers you, then just dial it down on the PSU itself. Make sure you use a multimeter to test actual voltages before rushing off to change anything... BIOS and SW readings are notoriously wrong...

GL!