Overclock end!

HAV

Hi all

After all readings here in the forum and making alot of testing, the max i've reached with my system was:

10*255=2550, ldt*3, RAM at 1:1 with 2.5-4-3-7 timings.

Do you all think that this is the limit for my system specs?

I really apreciate any thoughts from u guys experienced with Oc's.

Thanks

Have you tryed to let the CPU loose running RAM on a divider?

It's of course good for performance to run them at 1:1 as far as possible, but if they're holding you back you won't loose anything if letting the CPU run as fast as it can and RAM do what they're capable of.

As suggested, try a divider, you may only get another 50-100 MHz, but it may allow you to run tighter RAM timings. High HTT on a 1:1 is nice, but sometimes higher cpu cycles with tight RAM timings can be a bit better. Angry_Games and others have said that on A64, higher cpu cycles and tight RAM timings are best ! Check it out.

running dividers are fine with the memory controller based on the cpu die itself. the 754 cpu's only have an on die FSB between the core and memory controller of 800mhz; 800mhz gives a 3200mb/s memory bandwidth requirement. so anything your system ram produces over 3200mb/s is not used by the cpu as it exceeds the cores memory bandwidth requirements. runing a divider for poor overclocking ram won't hurt your performace as any memory bus speed that gives your more than 3200mb/s is worthless to the core.

but, if you have memory that will oc well on this mobo, then should should try dropping your cpu multi and run 1:1 using the tightest stable timings that gives you the lowest cpu memory controller - to - system ram latency. you will have already exceeded the memory bandwidth requirements of the fixed 800mhz on die core bandwidth, but you will have suceeded in lowering your system latency and that will make your system get a bit more snappy. it doesn't affect large streaming apps tho, so don't look for improvement in video games, look for the improvements in WinBench or Content Creation benchmarks for desktop "bussiness" apps. the only way to increase the bandwidth performance thru the core is to increase it's frequency, as the on die memory controller's operating frequency increases as well.

have fun :)

Guest shaolin95

That ram is good for much more at slightly better timings but running two sticks of memory with 754 CPUs weak mem controller always creates limitatios. Still I was running mine at around 260 FSB @ 2.5-3-3-x but when running one stick I was able to hit 300fsb. Thats the reason I now use OCZ Bh5 memory. Still, you are probably hitting your limits anyway.

Regards

Guest shaolin95

2.5 the limit for NC core?! No way just check my sig. For his particular one it may be but even my poor first 3400NC did 2570mhz and it was a total crap. Now if that is the limit for the 3200 NC I dont know.

2.5 the limit for NC core?! No way just check my sig. For his particular one it may be but even my poor first 3400NC did 2570mhz and it was a total crap. Now if that is the limit for the 3200 NC I dont know.
well, for one, you've got a screamer hsf so i bet that helps and you're prolly using more voltage than the other guy feels comfortable with. but do you have a .09µ core? and what rev. mem controller do you have? the CG D0 E3? i know it's not E4/5/6

TGM