4 Dimms

I just recently got this mobo about a week ago and havent had any unexpected problems. But I would like to know if there are any tweaks that people know about on how to get better performance from 4DIMMs being inserted and using DDR500 (I am aware that the baord will treat this setup as DDR333).

I have only managed to increase the modules to 180MHz. I want it to be atleast 200MHz if possible; otherwise I will RMA my memory and get 1GB modules but thats the last thing I want to consider and I really like the memory.

Thanks.

From the manual: I have double sided DIMMS....

"The integrated memory controller in AMD's 64-bit Socket 939

series CPU will directly catch data transmission from DDR RAM

without passing through the Northbridge. Therefore when using 4

identical double side DIMMs or using 2 DIMMs in non-dual channels,

the memory speed will reduce to DDR333. Please refer to the

detailed memory speed shown below."

Refer to page 49 of the manual.

Try this guide for memory settings: http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...179&postcount=4

I'm currently running 4*512MB at 200MHz and CL2 (though all other timings pretty loose, until I get a stable overclock). Found out that I would get errors if I put the HyperX modules in the yellow slots and XMS in orange. Currently testing overnight (32M Super Pi + 2*SP2004 ram intensive) with HyperX in orange slots and XMS in yellow, but I haven't gotten any problems sofar.

At what voltage and timings are you using your memory?

Thanks for the link that helps, I also noticed some other past posts saying something about taking Tref off of "Auto" value. That worked like a charm, now i will use that guide to help me maximize the performance.

Thanks again.

PS to answer your last question...DRAM Voltage is 2.65 which is the default and everything else is auto except the tref set to 2046 and 200MHz for the memory speed. If you have any suggestions, please share them as I am a newb to configuring anything in BIOS (I had and intel mobo before this so as you should know...EVERYTHING is locked)

Now that the memory works stabily at 200MHz 2-3-3-7 I really want to try to get the frequency up higher; but time and time again I run into the problem that the modules get set to speeds of 133MHz upon boot. I tried increasing the voltage up to the memories rated 2.8Volt just to lessen the possibilty that it is not gettin sufficient power supplied to it. I really don't know what I should do next to try to get it closer to DDR500 speeds. I was very easily able to lower the timings to 2-2-2-5 @200MHz but the higher frequencies interest me more.

Any suggestions?

just don't run 4x512 IMO as 99% of the review stuff you saw was bogus on this feature.

the rdx200 is a great board, but like any dfi you must hand seelct and know oyur bios and settings that work with the hardware oyu are going to use to a "T".

I run my memory at 2T already and I don't care about the performance boost of the 1T rather have a tradeoff there and increase the frequency with 2T. But do I need to increase the FSB inorder to increase the DRAM frequency? And then lower the ratio between FSB and DRAM so I dont increase my CPU clock too much? This method seemed to work a little last night but I don't want to keep going at it if this is the wrong way to get my ram closer to 250mhz. As I said I am a newb.

Thanks for all your suggestion so far, you're all a great help.

I'm considering an "upgrade" to 2*1GB TwinX PC4000, but I'm not sure it's worth all the money just to get more memory bandwidth.

mmouse (or someone else :)) could you please run 3D mark 05 (or other 3d heavy benchmark) with different memory multipliers? It would be very interesting to see how 4GB/s, 6GB/s and 8GB/s effects game performace!