Fitting guide Evercool to Expert & Arctic NV5 to 7800gt

Alex**

i used the silencer on my 6800 gs, which wasnt even listed as being compatible, and it fit fine. installation, as noted, is only 4 screws and a backplate. its easier to install the new one, than it is to take off the old one. i saw a great drop in temps as well. even with my chipset temps. before at load i was around 76c. now at load i usually hit 64-65c max. and it dropped the chipset my a degree or two as well.

I installed the NV5 Silencer this evening on my eVGA 7800GT CO. I cleaned off the stock thermal compound and applied AS5 and I'm very happy with the performance so far. 39C idle 59C fully loaded. Finally I installed RivaTuna and set the Silencer's Fan speed to 100% for Performance 3D and 50% for everything else. Going to give several days for the AS5 to settle in and then I'm going to try some OCing.

Also, since the hot air from the video card is now exausted out the back of the machine instead of blowing on my chipset w/ Evercool VC-RE & AS5. Chipset temps hold a steady 38C no matter what type of load I put on the system.

Installing this unit totally eliminated the last remaining hot spots in my case. There is nowhere hot air can hide :D

Time and money well spent.

• 3 weeks later...