Ultra-D .Won't post

I just got my NF4 Ultra D Rev AD0 and it won't post. I get 3 leds (or one long beep repeated). Which I found out would mean my RAM, so I tested my RAM in another system and it works. Just in case I stuck in another stick of ram still won't post. Fans spin, no video.

I set all jumpers, I have all power connections in. I can't test my CPU or VGA in another board becuase no PCI-E or socket 939.

Heres my specs:

NF4 Ultra D Rev AD0

Mushkin eXtreme Performance 2x1GB DDR500

EVGA 7800GT

Opteron 148

OCZ 520watt Powerstream Powersupply

And I have all stock fans and everything didn't mess with much.

What could be causing this? Everything is new bought from newegg.com

Thanks

Getting up and running is sometimes difficult. The best way to handle it is follow the build guide here. If that doesn't work or you already did that, post again.

PS Go ahead and put that info into your signature.

Edit:Fixed tags

Guest Dynamic

Have you tried putting in one stick of memory into the orange slot closest to the end of the board for testing yet? If one boots and the other one doesn't there is something wrong with that one. Which slots have you tried your memory in anyhow, Orange or Yellow slots for DUAL CHANNEL?

Have you tried putting in one stick of memory into the orange slot closest to the end of the board for testing yet? If one boots and the other one doesn't there is something wrong with that one. Which slots have you tried your memory in anyhow, Orange or Yellow slots for DUAL CHANNEL?

Also boot into Memtest86 and run test 5 for 30 or so minutes. Do that for each stick of ram (use the same slot). Additionally, make sure the timings that memtest reports for each ram stick are EXACTLY the same, after loading optimzed defaults.

Also boot into Memtest86 and run test 5 for 30 or so minutes. Do that for each stick of ram (use the same slot). Additionally, make sure the timings that memtest reports for each ram stick are EXACTLY the same, after loading optimzed defaults.

He can't even get to the bios screen.

Sometimes I wonder if people even read the original poster's problem. :rolleyes:

Now onto the problem. Have you tried clearing CMOS yet?

Yes I tried doing one memory stick and clearing CMOS, I'll check that build guide I didn't read that, I'll read it now and see if I did that, thanks.

Also I have the sticks in the orange slots. I'll try the yellow, I didn't try that yet now that I think of it. I tried one stick also in every slot.

EDIT* Okay yellow sticks dual channel is a no go, still 3 LEDS. And I did everything in build guide. I am trying the long 24 hour CMOS clear to see if that works, I did 12 hours before.

Have you:

- Rechecked that you have all the power connectors plugged in properly ie 24pin, 12v, molex and floppy?

- Have you rechecked all the jumper settings on the board to make sure they are correct?

- Have you checked to make sure your cpu is seated properly and locked in place?

- Have you removed and reseated your ram and video card?

- Have you removed all the unecessary pci cards and hard/optical drives?

- Can you test your ram/cpu in another system?

- Have you tried to run the system outside your case to make sure a short circuit isnt the cause of the problem?

Have you:

- Rechecked that you have all the power connectors plugged in properly ie 24pin, 12v, molex and floppy?

- Have you rechecked all the jumper settings on the board to make sure they are correct?

- Have you checked to make sure your cpu is seated properly and locked in place?

- Have you removed and reseated your ram and video card?

- Have you removed all the unecessary pci cards and hard/optical drives?

- Can you test your ram/cpu in another system?

- Have you tried to run the system outside your case to make sure a short circuit isnt the cause of the problem?

-Several times

-Several times

-Yes

-Yes

-Yes only bare essintials are in it

-Can't test CPU, tested RAM works fine

-System is not in a case open system screwed down to mobo tray