Can't Find The Mouse I Want....

ClayMeow

I want to get an optical mouse, three-button with a scroll wheel of course. I don't want to get wireless for several reasons:

1) i've heard it's worse for gaming...not as precise, or something

2) too expensive for just a stupid little mouse ;)

3) have to worry about batteries

The problem is, i currently use a non-optical mouse that came with my compaq computer back in the day. It has a 6-foot cord, and is perfect for my current setup. Every mouse i find, however, has a mere 5-foot cord, and does not provide me with enough length to maneuver the mouse with my current setup.

So if anyone knows where i can get the cheapest optical mouse with a 6-foot cord, i'd appreciate it. Thanks!

(PS. I tried contacting logitech to find out if they make any with a 6ft cord, and their support people were complete idiots. First they write back to me asking for a model number, and stuff. Then, when i explain i don't have a product, i'm looking for them, they write back to me saying they can't help me. For some reason it is against their policy to provide a list of available mice containing the features i'm looking for, even though it will provide them with a sale??? Idiots! :angry:)

1) i've heard it's worse for gaming...not as precise, or something

2) too expensive for just a stupid little mouse ;)

reason number 1 isnt valid for the logitech mx 700 and neither is reason 2 depending on what you consider expensive.

Anyways, i like anyone else am going to highly recommend the mx 700. But if you find it too expensive for your tastes id get the mx 500. Not sure about how long the cable is though.

logitech mx 500 for 35.00 after rebate

logitech mx 700 for 59.00

Well, when i say i'm looking for a cheap optical mouse, i mean like $10 :)

I was thinking about the mx700 if i had to go cordless though, so it's nice to see you recommend that, if i go down that path. thanks.

i wouldnt buy any mouse thats just ten dollars if your gonna use it alot. Youll hate yourself for it after a while, cause as you know, you get what you pay for. Since you are on a budget though i guess, ill have to recommend the mx 300, itll do what you need, and currently is only 20 with the rebate.

http://www.googlegear.com/jsp/ProductDetai...ductCode=211011

IBM used to have a real nice 3 button optical wheel mouse with a 6ft cord. I haven't seen em in stores in about a year, and I can't read the model # of the bottom of either of mine... it's worn off (shows the use they take.

i found a few cheap good mouses: MS intellimouse optical 3-button $10

MS intellimouse optical 5-button $15 (this is the one i am currently using, but mines black and silver)

MS intellimouse explorer 5-button $22.90 highly recommended

All these prices includes shipping, and taxes only apply if you live in their state.

And to answer your problem on short cords, just go to a local computer store and buy a 5-foot usb extention cord for like $5-10; its not that expensive, if you really like a mouse you cant use.

i am very, i can't stress enough, very pleased with my Logitech MX300. i'd say go for that...save your money for 2 more weeks and most likely you'll have 30 bucks :)

well it's not that i can't afford it. It just seems weird to me to spend the same amt of money on a mouse as a stick of ram. airman, do you mind measuring the length of the cord of the mx300 for me? Don't need an exact amt, if you just hold it up you can get an approximate based on your height. Thanks.

I just bought a belkin optical mouse for $7.49 and it has a 6' cord! :)

I wonder how good it is for only $8 (normally $15)

I did look at the mx300 and measured it. it was 6 ft, so i'm wondering if i should fork over the extra $15 for it. hmmm. it is very stylish :unsure:

if your buying this mouse for gaming. and your a competitive gamer. your going to want to have a mouse thats good quality. i suggest the logitech mx500 for wired of the 700 for wireless. ive always gone logitech and never had a problem.