Sign in to follow this  
ManGz

Very high temps?

smguard.jpg

This is on my system at no load and with no OCing at all...

This can't possible be normal temps, right? looks way too high to me, especially since i have pretty good cooling in my case...

anything i might have done wrong? too much ac between cpu and heatsink?

any ideas? :S

Hmm, yep, look "normal"... but also chipset and PWM temperatures look to be a little high as well, which indicates a medium case ventilation; this could explain the higher than whats expected cpu temperature, the air inside the case might be warm. Check out the 7800GT's temperature too, it might be a little high as well.

Check out the temperatures with the case open, if you see a huge drop then the system might require bigger flow of air... thats just in case you actually need cooler temperatures since like Sean said its well in normal parameters.

Good luck

at stock speeds im 28-35-41 idle... i was 45 on the chipset idle until i added a pci fan/80mm fan to blow on chipset.... so i suppose your temps seem a little high for stock

my sli-d had a error of 10ºc

when i swaped mobo for an ultra-d my temps lowered right away.....

never could solve the problem....i sold the mobo

i hope its not your case

good luck

my sli-d had a error of 10ºc

when i swaped mobo for an ultra-d my temps lowered right away.....

never could solve the problem....i sold the mobo

i hope its not your case

good luck

Did you tried updating BIOS version? If so, did the problem remained??

With my Abit nF7-S v2.0 (socket 462) this was the case, and every bios update had a modification in the temperature reading area. Now with socket 939 my MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum was the same, but only with one update... the DFI however I haven't noticed any temperature reading modifications yet.

Good luck

if you mean by stock speeds that i did not change any setting (ocing etc) then the answer is yes. i have not done any overclocking..

i have no clue why the temps is so high because i do really have good cooling..

i have 4 sharkoon silent eagle 80 mm in the chassi, one in the back, on on top and two in the front. the chassi is a coolermaster wavemaster, and the cpu cooler is a

http://www.zalman.co.kr/eng/product/view.a...dx=165&code=005

this should be pretty good.. or am i wrong? :l

If taken when idle, they are slightly higher then expected, but nothing to really worry about. Maybe your case ventilation is poor (try to sleeve the cables, check that rear and top fan are blowing the hot air out and front fans are blowing the air into the case), or your ambient temperature is a bit higher then usual?