Sign in to follow this  
Moocow

Power Issues?

Guys,

I have recently upgraded from the SLI-DR to SLI-DR Expert. I am now finding that I am having random reboots, especially when there is lots of load on the system.

It has got to the stage where even if run the system @ 2600 (10*260) and mem divider 133 (to eliminate memory) and remove all my cdr's etc, the system will reboot itself in about 3 minutes of being logged in.

I have re-installed XP again onto a different drive, but the same thing happens.

I have tried other non-bh5 memory, same problem.

I have tried other dual-core cpu, same problem.

I have also tried a Antec TruePower2 480W, but the same thing happens.

The system up until 2 days ago, was running alot better, but occasionally would reboot etc, and same games would crap out to the desktop. 3DMark06 would not run the HDR tests, unless I ran everything at stock.

My cpu is 100% prime stable, my memory passes memtest loops for hours. My video card works fine in another computer. I re-installed the OS when I changed mobos.

Do I have a faulty board? Or are the power supplies that I am using not grunty enough?

Are you using EPS12v power supply(8pin) and running pump off psu. May need more power or better quality PSU.

yes it is an EPS12v power supply. I am not running my pump of it however. The only things running off the power supply atm is the motherboard (24-pin, 8-pin, & floppy pin) 2 wd sataII hdd's, & XFX 7800GTX video card.

I did not have this power like issue when I had my SLI-DR, it has only started since I got the EXPERT.