What car are U driving?

XT2.5

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a fully restored 78 Datsun 280Z. I sold that in 97 and bought a 1997 Formula Firebird V8 and had a Lingenfelter Stage 1 upgrade kit installed. Amazingly I never got a ticket or even pulled over for that matter. In 2001, I sold the Firebird and purchased a 2001 Explorer XLS. Thinking about selling the Explorer this spring and buying something new. Not sure what yet.

1993 Mazda RX-7 Twin Turbo 5sp (with a few upgrades ;) )

1993 Infiniti J30 (Considering an LS1 Transplant)

I've had her up to 170mph, and I think she can go faster. Did I mention I'm not 16 years old, I've driven 150+ on the German Autobaun, I've actually raced IN several SCCA races, and I'm prepping the RX for road racing in my local track. Track as in...it has CURVES. For all you straight line racers out there...sorry. Going in a straight line is just too boring for me :D

Rexy%20with%20275s%20from%20front-2.jpg

As far as the J30 is concerned, the J30s only came with the 300ZX engine in the states, but were optioned with the Q45 V8 4.5L in Japan. After doing some rough measurements, I am almost positive an LS1 will fit in it. I'd like to even try to convert it to a 6sp, but the auto will do. Install a Vortech, maybe push around 500hp, and I'll have a nice grocery getter :)

As far as the J30 is concerned, the J30s only came with the 300ZX engine in the states, but were optioned with the Q45 V8 4.5L in Japan. After doing some rough measurements, I am almost positive an LS1 will fit in it. I'd like to even try to convert it to a 6sp, but the auto will do. Install a Vortech, maybe push around 500hp, and I'll have a nice grocery getter :)

an LS1, that tiny thing? you trying to fly the car looool, =P

j/k would seem like a very tight fit.

I have always wanted to put the 05 gto engine into my car, but after prices I might as well buy a used gto, it would prolly be cheaper. (I believe it is the LS2 engine *425 hp* in the 05 plz dont qoute me though it is 12:30 am and I have been up almost 24 hours lol =P)