What car are U driving?

XT2.5

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just traded in (I won't say up yet) my 97 GMC ext cab step side Z71 SLE for an 06 Chevy crew cab Z71 LT.

OLD TRUCK

RedTruckRS.jpg

NEW TRUCK

BlackTruck2RS.jpg

BlackTruckRS.jpg

The old one was pretty well optioned out, but the new one has it all. Eight way power heated leather seats, power sliding glass sunroof, heated power folding self dimming mirrors, rear seat entertainment unit (DVD player) and OnStar which will come in handy up here where cell service can be spotty at best (OnStar is satellite based).

My only complaint so far is that I can't put bigger tires on it yet without voiding the warranty (damned computers).

Every time I'm ready for a new truck I classy lady and moan about how much more car-like they're making them (you call that a truck?!) and then go out and buy one with as many gadgets as I can afford :rolleyes: .

That being said, whatever I get (including this one) is always used as a truck is meant to be (hence the Offroad package and need for bigger tires).

2006 Volkswagon Jetta with the 5 cylinder engine option. This thing flat out burns most other street cars I encounter locally and it accelerates on any grade I've traveled in mountainous Southern Oregon. It's a great bang for the buck car at $20k brand new. Not to mention its five star crash safety rating.