Sign in to follow this  
ricey

Arctic Silver Adhesive; removal techniques?

@jumpman,I think you should read other people's post first ;) .As for the ideas try the undangerous ones first.

Sorry, i didnt saw it :(

Hi all

I finally couldn't handle the noise anymore.

I unplugged the chipset fan :eek2:

My chipset temp went up from 56-58 C, to 61 C without the case side panel on.

When I put the side panel on, the temp dropped to 58 C.

So, with no chipset fan, but the Lian Li's case fan extracting hot air, temps are the same.

Now, the 120mm Lian Li case fan is a really wimpy thing, so I'm going to replace it with a Panaflo FBK-12G12LH that I have hanging around. This thing moves three times the air that the Lian Li case fan does. It makes a little more noise than the emphysematous Lian Li fan, but not a lot more.

Hopefully, this will be all I need to do to keep the chipset temps under control.

If not, I will remove the DFI fan and set up an old AMD cpu fan over the heatsink.

ricey

Just checking your specs and you're running that PSU right at the hairy edge. It's really a long shot but maybe that could be part of your problem. Heat, low power, etc might cause your fan to crap out sooner. It may be a sign of things to come.

Just checking your specs and you're running that PSU right at the hairy edge. It's really a long shot but maybe that could be part of your problem. Heat, low power, etc might cause your fan to crap out sooner. It may be a sign of things to come.

Sure, my system would overload my psu if everything ran at the same time, but that doesn't happen.

The most intense it gets is playing Doom 3 when both video cards, the raid zero boot hdds, the cpu, the karajan audio, and the chip set are working hard. Not really enough to overwhelm the OCZ 520 powerstream.

So, I'm thinking that my pc will be fine when i install the panaflo case fan that I mentioned previously. As it is, my chipset temp maxed at 63 degrees C under load with no chipset fan.

If it all goes pear shaped, I'll get a new motherboard but everything is fine atm.

ricey