random restart overclock question

AlanD911

No I have not tried another video card. What is strange is that I get the same problem on both of my machines. When playing games the system just reboots on both overclocked machines. Should I just lower the clock abit? There has to be a reason for this rebooting.

That is why its a good advantage to have two different vid cards or multiple sets of rams, when troble occurs you can isolate and eliminate suspected problems that way. Could you please post you BIOS settings that you used for prime stability? So that maybe others will have an idea on how to deal with your problem.

OK first off a warning the Thunda, this might drift away from DFI Hardware related stuff, so if you have to move it I apologize.

I had the same issues with WOW about 2 months ago. Rock Stable OC for over 6 months, no problems gaming, then came WOW.

Your crashes can be from a variety of areas, so check them all:

#1.) Your UI mods are out of date, this can cause crashing, install latest verison of your UI mods. Also, try raising the Memory available to your UI mods, this can cause issues as well.

#2.) Graphics Card Drivers are out of date or not getting along with WOW. On the WOW forums there are recorded instances where two people with the identical ATI card will have opposite experiences. One crashes, one doesn't. Can't explain it, but that is what happens. I think you said you had Nvidia, so this may or may not be your issue. Update the drivers anyways to be sure.

#3.) How long did your Prime 95 your PC? For the OC database, you are required to Prime for 8 hours. If you play for 10 hours, you are theoretically pushing your OC further than your Prime. (Prime tests a bit dffierently, but you get the idea) Try Priming for 24 hours and see if you are stable.

#4.) RAM issue. This was the issue I had. Sometimes RAM will have a SPD dump issue and lose it's performance. BH-5 has this happen, and TCCD users also report performance after 6 months. Here is a link to a thread on the SPD dump issue:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=85533

I have not tried this myself, so I cannot speak for it, but it is of interest.

I fixed my RAM issue by going to a Divider and redoing my MEMTEST. It sucked to lose some performance like that, but I can now play WOW to my heart's content.

Good Luck.