Near Silent Alarm

Hi all,

I was wondering a few things about my motherboard (Lanparty NF4 SLI-DR):

I have just fitted a koolance water cooling system (koolance to cpu, chipset - another radiator and fan - then VGA GPU, VGA voltage regulators back to koolance) and can hear a very quiet alarm from the motherboard . . . anyone know how to stop it ?

Also, I don't think my chipset temps are particularly low (idle 38 deg) but I know they vary quite a fair amount from board to board. I was wondering why when I place a fan at the mosfet area of the motherboard the temps reduce a good 2 to 3 deg ? Surely the temp probe is under the chipset, and if that's the case I can't see that air cooling would affect the water block (temps) that much. Can anyone shed any light on that ??

Just wanted to add that I have a Thermaltake Kandalf case and a Thermaltake Purepower 680w (noisey from new) and when ever I ask Thermaltake technical a question they never reply. Even when asking with regard to purchasing their products. Pretty much on par with the awful Asus technical people, who also ignore you. Which is the exact opposite of DFI, ABit and Tagan who are all amazing with response times and the information within is always bang on (obviously people who live and breathe their products and respect their customers). I'll never buy Asus or Thermaltake again and with that in mind can anyone recommend a 600+ watt silent PSU, with long leads (PCI-E, SATA included) that can handle 24/7 operation. I want that to compliment my water cooling system as the Thermaltake PSU I have now is the only thing I can hear and it's thermal probe doesn't alter the fan speed at all !

Just to give you an idea of Tagans (extended) warranty they give with their PSUs. I had it running pretty much constantly over a number of months and it's power regulation became poor. It first showed itself in producing lots of graphic artifacts in the likes of Tiger Woods golf, although at the time I never put two and two together. It ended up taking out my ATI 9700 Pro graphics card. I emailed them back and forth a few times and the end result was a new markII PSU, a HIS 9800 Pro graphics card, a pen, flashing led badge and a t-shirt, now that's some company !!!

I feel so much better after having got that out ! lol = ;o)

Regards,

Niggly

PS. don't forget the first part of my post - cheers

PPS. You guys are pretty much the dogs bollocks too !!!

i believe your alarm you are hearing is because you have no cpu fan attached to mobo on cpu fan header...go into bios and see if there is a setting in the pc health area to disable alarm..i am at work now so i cant remember...i have an exos2 hooked up to my intel rig, and that is what i had to do.

I have just fitted a koolance water cooling system (koolance to cpu, chipset - another radiator and fan - then VGA GPU, VGA voltage regulators back to koolance) and can hear a very quiet alarm from the motherboard . . . anyone know how to stop it

What kind of alarm? Like the speaker on the board making a sound? I think theres a jumper that you can move to disable it (I think mine was disabled by default)

Or is the sound more like a ringing that could be caused by a tube close to some electronics?

Thanks guys,

Couldn't find anything in the BIOS.

So as suggested (technodanvan), I disabled the speaker on the mobo jumper.

Thanks for the PSU suggestion, I'm thinking about changing the PSU fans to Panaflo. Spent too much on PSU's in the last 10 months, so a mod might be the order of the day !

Regards,

Niggly