Will this take Corsair XMS ram?

Smirkus

The mobo I am looking at is the DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra motherboard. The exact model ram I want is Twinx2048-3200c2pt of Corsair XMS ram; 2 X 1 gig=2gb dual channel kit ram. I remember reading stuff saying that the LANPARTY boards don't take it very well. Is this stuff 100% compatible with that ram? Also, what slots do I put this in to make it dual channel, isn't there some error in the documentation about where to put it...not 1 and 3, but like 2 and 4 or something like that?

This probably doesn't belong in this part of the forum, but I might as well try and hit two birds with one stone: I am planning on getting an AMD 3800+ X2 proc. I want not only because it is well regarded and has been recomended to me, but because I intend to OC this thing--but not like crazy. Since I have never done it before, I don't really want to mess with voltages and especially not ram timings, since I just don't get that at all. How much do you think I am stably OC that cpu without messing around too much--basically just increasing the FSB and that is it, anyone know?

I know the Mushkin XP4000 works very nicely - got mine @ 3-4-3-7 242mhz fsb at the moment without trying. From what I have read Corsair doesnt go well with DFI but I'm a noob on these boards.

Maybe go check the stickies on RAM @ stock speed.

#1. Corsair has gotten a unjustafided Bad rap on this site. I have MPO on why but thats not the point.Corsair got this bad rap because the user did not do his own home work. And learned how to set up his or her owen Board and looked for the easy way out. And you was not going to get any help on this site for Corsair Ram.If you did your home work and knew what sticks had what chips. You had no problem with Corsair. Now There are only five types chips being used on 1 gig sticks. And all Five type of chips you can get 250 MHz out of them. So to answer your question YES them Corsair 1 gig stick WILL WORK JUST FINE ON any DFI board. Or maybe I should say I CAN MAKE ANY CORSAIR RAM WORK ON ANY DFI BOARD. there is a tread here on the street ( What memory are you useing on the NF4) And corsair is still holding secont place :eek2:And for the people that say I read or I hear Corsair dont do well on DFI Boards Is just that.THEY read or heard form someone that Didnt know what they was talking about eather.

#2 This is NOT a plug and play Board. If your not willing to do your home work. Then it might be a good idea to reconsider an alternate Board

I have 512 MB (2x256) Corsair XMS 3200XL (2-2-2-5-1) I have never had a single problem (if you dont count having to set Trcd manually because it defaulted to 3, even though CPU-Z confirmed that SPD timings are 2-2-2-5)

Edit: besides the Trcd it was all plug and play for me - of course I dont expect to get 250MHz with such timings

My Corsair Ram do those timings without any Voltage change whatsover up to about 215MHZ without Prime errors (for at least 20hrs)

I would definately recommend them - other might have different experiences

Built a system with CMX512-3200XL with no problems.

Built a system with CMX512-3200LL with no problems.

Currently using CMX1024-3200C2 @ DDR433 (2.5-3-3-6) without any problems.

Other people have had problems, but I have had none.

#1. Corsair has gotten a unjustafided Bad rap on this site. I have MPO on why but thats not the point.Corsair got this bad rap because the user did not do his own home work. And learned how to set up his or her owen Board and looked for the easy way out. And you was not going to get any help on this site for Corsair Ram.If you did your home work and knew what sticks had what chips. You had no problem with Corsair. Now There are only five types chips being used on 1 gig sticks. And all Five type of chips you can get 250 MHz out of them. So to answer your question YES them Corsair 1 gig stick WILL WORK JUST FINE ON any DFI board. Or maybe I should say I CAN MAKE ANY CORSAIR RAM WORK ON ANY DFI BOARD. there is a tread here on the street ( What memory are you useing on the NF4) And corsair is still holding secont place :eek2:And for the people that say I read or I hear Corsair dont do well on DFI Boards Is just that.THEY read or heard form someone that Didnt know what they was talking about eather.

#2 This is NOT a plug and play Board. If your not willing to do your home work. Then it might be a good idea to reconsider an alternate Board

IDK which user that was directed at, but I always stated that the XMS440025 worked great. That's even the ones Angry tested for his thread. I ran them daily at 317, but my CPU hated it. It's a shame I sold them when I bought my Opteron, it would've been nice to see how high 4x512 could've gone on a daily basis.

It was directed at the person that made this tread . I was just stating my opion. Its all good :)

Quote: don't really want to mess with voltages and especially not ram timings, since I just don't get that at all.