NVIDIA 81.98 Released Today

barrettward

Same version as previous - any differences?

New date on Nvidia site

Release Highlights:

WHQL Certified

Adds support for GeForce 7800 GS AGP

Application compatibility fixes. For a full list of fixed and known issues please view the Release Notes.

Mixed vendor support for NVIDIA SLI.

TV-Out/HD-out support for NVIDIA SLI.

Added support for VSync on Direct3D games when running NVIDIA SLI.

Performance enhancements for dual-core CPUs.

PureVideo high definition MPEG-2 de-interlacing support.

Usability enhancements when connecting to an HDTV.

Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0c and OpenGL® 2.0 support

oh i see, they just re-released it for the WHQL support. sorry i didnt read ur first post correctly :sweat:

on another note: they released new one today too, 83.60 WITH THE NEW CONTROL PANEL! which is awesome, but stil buggy.. i wont try it tho.

and......... it suppots 7900GT and 7900GTX ;) and also 6700 XL???

Who is "they"? Nvidia didn't release it... At least get the story straight ;)

-pickles

actually Nvidia does release them, but not to the general public usually. They write some for certain integrated mfg's or as release beta's etc, but they come right from Nvidia (unless they are specifically not Nvidia like Omega and a few others that mod them)

Six of one, half dozen of the other... My own personal idea of an Nvidia "released" driver is released and available through/by Nvidia to the audience that is intended to use it and not something dug up from somewhere and posted on some unofficial website. No biggie.

Just looked at the driver description again and it's not even the same as released by Nvidia or Dell, it's been modified.

-pickles

but for the sake of a smooth gameplay on BF2, im willing to take the risk of using something dug up from somewhere.... :P

guru3d.com does a good job at keeping track these "unofficials" from nvidia..... yes, they are unofficial, but they are from nvidia, released to OEMs, which is tweaked for bettter performance for those OEM's cards. doesnt hurt to try it somewhere else. well yes, there are official BETA, such as 82.12. It is listed in nvidia.com. u can check the archive or go to sli-zone, and all the "official beta"s are there.

i think theyre no better than unofficial finals ;)

I totally understand what you're saying... you guys just missed the point of my comment. No biggie.

I meant in "get the story straight" that:

A) They weren't released by Nvidia, they were released by Dell.

B) They weren't even released on Nvidia's site which was what the OP was talking about with his news. Anyone reading your comment would ASSume that's what you were talking about rather than some modified by Guru3D thing you found today.

C) They weren't even posted today by Guru3d, they've been there 4 days heh.

If your comments to the OP's post were the "straight story" then I humbly apologise.

-pickles

Truce

Kind of a buggy install be prepaired to help it find some of the files. I probibily would not have done it if the OS was not backed up though. the alternate interface did not seem to load though there is an option it appears but it does not load yet.

I totally understand what you're saying... you guys just missed the point of my comment. No biggie.

I meant in "get the story straight" that:

A) They weren't released by Nvidia, they were released by Dell.

B) They weren't even released on Nvidia's site which was what the OP was talking about with his news. Anyone reading your comment would ASSume that's what you were talking about rather than some modified by Guru3D thing you found today.

C) They weren't even posted today by Guru3d, they've been there 4 days heh.

If your comments to the OP's post were the "straight story" then I humbly apologise.

-pickles

humbly apologise...lol pickles ur too nice.

and u dont need to, its totally my bad. cant pick the right words to express the right meanings.....meh.... as always.......... english 2nd language here :P

for the record, yeah, all tat pickles said above is tru.

i was only tryin to say, id pick the beta drivers over the official ones from nvidia.com, as long as they perform better. but thats jst me. ;)

Actually you can get beta's right from Nvidia, on thier public FTP Site. They never post them on the website (and why would they tbh)

Use any FTP proggie and point it to download.nvidia.com with anon access

You will see that they have the 82.12's right there for download...

Sure its not as high as some betas you can get, but these are right from Nvidia...

Actually you can get beta's right from Nvidia, on thier public FTP Site. They never post them on the website (and why would they tbh)

Use any FTP proggie and point it to download.nvidia.com with anon access

You will see that they have the 82.12's right there for download...

Sure its not as high as some betas you can get, but these are right from Nvidia...

or u can go to SLIzone from nvidia.com.....