Sign in to follow this  
ooztuncer

G.Skill HZ/Any other UCCC (2x1024) 260+ please post here

Yes.....these say 3-5-5-10 in cpu-z. Here's a shot of A64 tweaker. I ran prime 95 blend overnight(6 1/2 hrs.) I guess I don't sleeps as long as I thought I did. I have a shot of prime, cpu-z(cpu,mem and spd) but by time i got it down to 100kb it was too small to see any of the readings. This is at 270x10, 1-1, 2.6V on the ram.

This RAM is awesome. 254MHz 3-4-4-8 @2.6V, incredible :rolleyes: . At least I got it stable. Will keep messing around with it. I only need about 240MHz-250MHz for my purposes, but as a performance enthusiast this results are completely unacceptable.

i would like to know if anyone else have the cold boot problem besides nealh and myself. i would like to know if there's a fix for it. i'll also try the yellow slots to see what will happen. i thought this 704-2bta bios is the shitznitz :). i'll go back to the 623-2 bios and see if the cold boot will happen. is this 623-2 bios the best for these newer memory chips? thanks for any info you guys can share.

I had a cold boot situation once, but I just removed the RAM and cleared the CMOS and hasn't hapened since.

This ram overclocking thing needs to be put back in perspective. If a good portion of the modules were able to run at tight timings 20Mhz - 30Mhz over spec they would be binned as such and sold at a higher price. The only thing a person should expect is for the memory to run at specified specs. Anything over that is good luck and overclocking skill. No different then a processor. There are just to many variables for everyone to achieve the same results. I've had a set that would do 280 and several that would do 270+. I also have a set that won't budge over 254. I've got 1 set that will do 270 on my Expert with a 3700 processor. On my Venus with a 170, 265 isn't stable. But I have other sets that run 270+ easily on the Venus.

No one should be buying ram based on reviews where people were sent hand picked modules. If the ram was sent to the reviewer by the manufacturer you can bet it was hand picked. Look over at Xtremeforums at the backlash Team is receiving over their Cronus memory.

And stability testing is another issue. One person's term of stability may not be the same as another person's. I see people posting that their memory will pass several hours of Prime95, game stable, etc. I have some sets that will pass Prime for 5 - 6 hours, 3dMark stable, will run Super_Pi 32M and run endless loops of MemTest for DOS. But these same sets will fail dual instances of MemTest for Windows running in the background after a couple thousand percent passes. On another person's system these sets could prove to be completely unstable or totally stable.

I still look for for maximum overclock but for a different reason. I look for the most compatible DD, DDS and tREF settings. Once I have these I can drop down 1 or 2 dividers if needed and fine tune all other settings for maximum performance. I end up with a system that is stable by anyone's standard, equal or better performance then 1 to 1 with loose timings and it doesn't take long.

This ram overclocking thing needs to be put back in perspective. If a good portion of the modules were able to run at tight timings 20Mhz - 30Mhz over spec they would be binned as such and sold at a higher price. The only thing a person should expect is for the memory to run at specified specs. Anything over that is good luck and overclocking skill. No different then a processor. There are just to many variables for everyone to achieve the same results. I've had a set that would do 280 and several that would do 270+. I also have a set that won't budge over 254. I've got 1 set that will do 270 on my Expert with a 3700 processor. On my Venus with a 170, 265 isn't stable. But I have other sets that run 270+ easily on the Venus.

No one should be buying ram based on reviews where people were sent hand picked modules. If the ram was sent to the reviewer by the manufacturer you can bet it was hand picked. Look over at Xtremeforums at the backlash Team is receiving over their Cronus memory.

And stability testing is another issue. One person's term of stability may not be the same as another person's. I see people posting that their memory will pass several hours of Prime95, game stable, etc. I have some sets that will pass Prime for 5 - 6 hours, 3dMark stable, will run Super_Pi 32M and run endless loops of MemTest for DOS. But these same sets will fail dual instances of MemTest for Windows running in the background after a couple thousand percent passes. On another person's system these sets could prove to be completely unstable or totally stable.

I still look for for maximum overclock but for a different reason. I look for the most compatible DD, DDS and tREF settings. Once I have these I can drop down 1 or 2 dividers if needed and fine tune all other settings for maximum performance. I end up with a system that is stable by anyone's standard, equal or better performance then 1 to 1 with loose timings and it doesn't take long.

I bought this RAM because it was the cheapest and had good reviews, and wanted the 2GB of memory also. I did not buy them expecting a killer OC out of them since 1) 1GB modules are known to be crappy OCers (compared to 512MB ones) 2) I had already found the max. OC for my system and knew that I wouldn't get much more 3) The memory controller on my CPU does not like anything above 270MHz when at its maximun speed. My initial plan was to set the memory at 240MHz (what I had before) with the lowest timmings I could get. I just wanted too see what was the limit for this chips because, after all, I'm an overclocker, and that is what overclockers do. All in all these are decent chips. They do what they are supposed to do. For that they get an "A" in my book, but a "C" for overclocking ability. That's just me.

I'm with Melcar on that one. Same reasons, same expectations, same goals. See my sig where I ended up at.

On the issue of cold boots: what is that actually ? I mean... what is the definition of a cold boot? Is that when the machine stays black (the monitor), maybe blinks its power light once... maybe makes a long beep... what? Just curious.

During my futzing with settings, I had many instances of almost every type of problem :D ... many required a clear of cmos... usually after a ton of errors occurred in memtest and I hit "ESC" to restart the machine. Wouldn't come back, just hang there.

When your machine didn't come back, did you try just unplugging the power supply from the outlet and plugging it back in? You coulda been seeing the cold-boot bug :) Through all of my testing, I never had to reset CMOS once.

OK...I am still running 704-2BTA, do not want to flash again right now

running [email protected] 1.43v in bios and 1:1 ram @2.6v

ram 260 3-4-3-8-1t used Gskill tech setup, wk 4 level3

now if I boot cold this am...bios posted on screen no nothing else, reset, posted and booted= cold boot??

also had a warm reboot issue coming out of bios setup....

what I did was set startup vcore to 1.55v from 1.5v ... this may help, also noted if ram was at vdimm 2.7v less issues with a warm reboot

[email protected]:1 is very nice but I have a nice new 170 0550 VPMW sitting in retail box waiting for TT BT to arrive as my SI120 is not working as well as removing it a few times....

I hope to hit 2800 but this presents some issues as will not be able to get ram even to a stock speed unless I use 9x vs 10x....so this ram purcahase was kinda a waste..since I have some crucial valueram that will do these speeds..oh well

FWIW my 170 0546 XPMW will do [email protected] hrs small and large dual Prime 95 but since my SI120 is no longer keeping temps same underload the cpu is getting over 50C and heat is now a factor...2 weeks the SI120 max temp with cpu at [email protected] was 49C after 15hrs of dual prime..have screenshots to prove it...but now temps hit mid 50S and it craps out

whe ni removed my SI120 today and reseated, I had placed a very thin layer of AS5 across cpu and found the good part of the center of HS had no AS5 meaning there was no contact with the IHS over part of the core!!!!!

anyway, reseated and used dab in center method and temps quickly hit 49/50C again and just stopped prime95 no reason to see temps cont skyrocketing rise

so backed down to 2600/260 on the ram

I was a bit skeptical with this ram because when i first got it, i had lots of problems getting into windows, then the next day my raptor died. so i was unable to test. got 2 sata 2's in raid, installed windows today and popped the memory in. WOW. my 3800 venice limits me because it doesnt overclock worth a piss! i can get stable at 275x10, 1/01 3-4-4-8. I am working on 3-4-3-8, looks good, i passed an hour of prime with 3-4-3-8, so just a bit more tweaking and im there. i lowered my multi to 9 and bumbed up the fsb to 280 because the limitations ofmy cpu will throw the blend test off on prime. im 45 min into prime and its stable. i will keep going as far as i can and ill repost. just thought i would share how kick butt this memory is.

143 g skill/dfi

I was a bit skeptical with this ram because when i first got it, i had lots of problems getting into windows, then the next day my raptor died. so i was unable to test. got 2 sata 2's in raid, installed windows today and popped the memory in. WOW. my 3800 venice limits me because it doesnt overclock worth a piss! i can get stable at 275x10, 1/01 3-4-4-8. I am working on 3-4-3-8, looks good, i passed an hour of prime with 3-4-3-8, so just a bit more tweaking and im there. i lowered my multi to 9 and bumbed up the fsb to 280 because the limitations ofmy cpu will throw the blend test off on prime. im 45 min into prime and its stable. i will keep going as far as i can and ill repost. just thought i would share how kick butt this memory is.

143 g skill/dfi

are your chips 06XX on serial ..that is first 4 numbers??

what bios and settings if you would please

Right now I am running 265 [email protected] 2.6v and will run Prime 95..quick test on memtest86 1.65 threw no errors in test 5( as very quick screen)