Sign in to follow this  
ooztuncer

G.Skill HZ/Any other UCCC (2x1024) 260+ please post here

I have the 602 HZ ram. First thing I did was memtest86. This will be a good start to know how much you can OC before they start to error. I have my ram in the orange slots. Right off the bat, my ram can do 275 MHz. 276 gets me error. A week later I ran memtest86 again and now my ram can do 278. You really need to memtest86 the ram to see how stable (error free) they will run in the OC condition. If you are getting errors in memtest86 at 250, then you need to RMA them because they are not running per spec. If you erroring at 260 or less, then try switching ram at different slots. I was able to get more OC speed when I switch their positions. Also, try cranking up the Vcore to get the CPU stable. Also try different bios. Hopefully, this will help someone.

you are first person I have seen with 06xx get to 270

I have tried alot of settings, vdimm..at 270 I awlays error at 98/99%

you are first person I have seen with 06xx get to 270

I have tried alot of settings, vdimm..at 270 I awlays error at 98/99%

Same with me, my HZ is 0602 and im not able to even reach 270. I have tried all types of different bios versions and settings for the last 3 weeks.

Im not too extreme with my overclocking and would rather play BF2 than find the last few mhz, but right now im totally stable 260 1:1 and somewhere before I hit 270 I lose stability in memtest and superpi.

I'm more of a rounded numbers type guy and will probably live with 260 until i need more performance, but its a shame because i was really hopeing for 270-275mhz or more. :(

Seems the 05xx HZ was much better than the newer stuff, could possibly be why newegg has them so cheap now, wants to dump them before people realize the sticks are inferior to what was being produced a few months back.

Before I got my sticks I was happy that i got some "brand new February" stepping, now i wish mine were from last year..... :drool:

Just want to add my $.02 here :). got my g.skill kit the other day from the egg :). at first, i thought i got a bad kit for ocing, but after tweaking the bios, this kit is not bad. so here's the lowdown on my settings:

bigtoe 704-2bta bios

my sig should tell the hardwares and here are the settings:

1:1 ratio

1T

auto

auto

auto

max async 8

read preamble 5

idle cyle auto(16)

htt is 275

multi is 10

vdim is 2.8

i tried both ldt of 3x and 4x, no problem with 4x ldt at all

5 hours of memtest with no errors

score around 7200+ in everest memory read, 2600+ mem write, and 42.x latency

I think this kit is a keeper. what do you guys think? i just saw newegg is running a promo for mushkin redline or pc4000 extreme edition for $145 after rebate. i was going to do 11x250htt, but i think higher htt is better since the games seem to run faster. please advise if you find something in my settings that could be improved. thanks in advance.

Previous posted said 265-270 is typical....I have not seen anyone at 270 with HZ that has SPD of 3-5-5-10

It appears from reports by one user who has bought several new sticks that CPUZ SPD=3-5-5-10(GSkill tech at XS this is too allow initial post for mobo) seem to perform less when when OCing....some are having trouble hitting 260..the stick that SPD 3-4-4-8 OCed better

My experience with this same new stick..0603 date from newegg

623-2 bios ..yellow slots seems fine at 260 and 2.6v(seemed ok with one try at 2.5v)....anything above with tinkering and memtest errors out as well as orange slots

704-2BTA bios..orange slots...tried varied of settings at 2.6v in bios and everything at 270 fails....260 fine in fact I will be testing more but I have used Gskill tech setting but 3-4-3-8-1T

IMHO if I could not 270 or 280 no real benefit above 260 anyway becasue you would need a divider, if you are lucky to get a cpu to run at 2700-2800..so the ram will run between 245-250(and you maybe able to tighten to 3-3-3-8 or better)

It seems the newer sticks are not hitting 270+..this check DFI thread where alot of people are reporting trouble

I asked the GSkill tech about OCs on newer stick but he seemed offended..I was not asking for guarantee but what he was seeing....but got UCCC does 260-280

Personally..too many settings to change and do not want to spend a month and end up at same palce if they are pretty much stuck at 260

You state PERFECTLY CLEAR what is . off all of us that spent big $$$ on this RAM before the price dropped.

As far as I'm concerned, the price hasn't dropped enough (for this crap ram).

I think I've learned my lesson now.

For instance:

I really want ram that can do 300fsb 1:1 or more. I see lots of ads here that give me wood.

I buy.

Things suck.

Then, I go out and kill people.

Getting old.

I would really like to score a couple of Martians. That would 0wn!

Guest cloud_171

yeah this ram is annoying, would like to get rid of it but what alternatives do I have? Is there any other 2 gig sticks that can perform better and not too expensive? or should I just RMA and try with another pair?

LOL Slammin... oh too true!

That G.Skill I got dropped $40 a week after I bought mine. Then, I find through a week of trial and all errors, they suck big horny toads.

I will say this:

G.Skill *bleepity* *bleep* *beep* you *bleeping* *bleeps*! I will _NEVER_ buy anything you produce, ever, EVER, again. I have blacklisted your *bleeparkin* company from the list I refer others too. *beeeeeeeep*!!!

:D

I feel a little better now.

But seriously... I guess since I can get them stable at "4" whoppin mhz over stock... they arn't really "bad". They are just seriously overhyped and a total waste of money to anyone here.

Just want to add my $.02 here :). got my g.skill kit the other day from the egg :). at first, i thought i got a bad kit for ocing, but after tweaking the bios, this kit is not bad. so here's the lowdown on my settings:

bigtoe 704-2bta bios

my sig should tell the hardwares and here are the settings:

1:1 ratio

1T

auto

auto

auto

max async 8

read preamble 5

idle cyle auto(16)

htt is 275

multi is 10

vdim is 2.8

i tried both ldt of 3x and 4x, no problem with 4x ldt at all

5 hours of memtest with no errors

score around 7200+ in everest memory read, 2600+ mem write, and 42.x latency

I think this kit is a keeper. what do you guys think? i just saw newegg is running a promo for mushkin redline or pc4000 extreme edition for $145 after rebate. i was going to do 11x250htt, but i think higher htt is better since the games seem to run faster. please advise if you find something in my settings that could be improved. thanks in advance.

what are the auto settings..????DRAM strength, data strength and ????

I need to try this..orange or yellow slots

I am wondering if the newer sticks like a bit more vdimm....as I noticed 260 3-4-3-8 @2.6v has a cold boot issue(even 260 3-4-4-8 has at 2.6v) for me anyway..on 704-2BTA..I always used 623-2 bios and yellow slots at 260 3-4-4-8 with no issues.....weird

I am running orange 260 1:1 3-4-3-8 at 2.5v and will see where I end up tomorrow

i didn't know there's a cold boot problem. i thought the boot problem i have is isolated to my pc only. is there a fix for this problem? my sticks are in the orange slots. anyhow here are the settings as shown in bios.

dram bank interleave - enabled

skew ctrl - auto

dram drive strength - auto

dram data drive strength - 2

max async lat - 8nano

dram response time - normal

read preamble - 5 nano

idlecycle limit - auto

dynamic counter - disable

hrmm should i try yellow slots? will i see performance decrease? thanks

I've finally got my rig to a level that I'm happy with :) My 146 was at 2.9 and was 8hrs + prime stable, but that was putting my Gskill ram at a level that it didn't like and Memtest was returning errors galore . I've now dropped back a touch to 2.85 and things are looking good. Prime stable / Memtest stable / Gaming stable :nod: Temps under load are mid > high 40's in a warm room. I've decided to take AG's advice and not spend every waking hour looking for tiny improvements on this set up. It's doing everything I want of it and for a £160 cpu that's not bad going......

Settings as follows: -

Opteron 146 Cpu @ 2.85ghz / 2Gb Gskill PC4000 HZ Ram @ 259mhz

Gpu - Nvidia XFX 7800GT @ 470mhz / 1.09ghz (84.21drivers)

FSB Bus Frequency > 285

LDT / FSB Bus Frequency Ratio > x 3.0

CPU / FSB Frequency Ratio > x 10.0

K8 Cool n Quiet Support > Disabled

CPU VID Control > 1.450v

LDT Voltage Control > 1.30v

Chipset Voltage Control > 1.60v

DRAM Voltage Control > 2.60v

DRAM CONFIGURATION

DRAM Frequency Set > 180 / 09/10

CPC > Enabled

Tcl > 3.0 Bus Clocks

TRCD > 04

TRAS > 08

TRP > 04

TRC > 08

TRFC > 17

TRRD > 04

TWR > 03

TWTR > 02

TRWT > 04

TREF > 4708 cycles

DRAM Bank Interleave > Enabled

Dqs Skew Control > Auto

Dqs Skew Value > 0

DRAM Drive Strength > Auto

DRAM Data Drive Strength > Auto

Max Async Latency > 08.0 Nano Seconds

Read Preamble Time > 06.5 Nano Seconds

Idle Cycle Limit > 256 Cycles

Dynamic Counter > Enabled

R/W Queue Bypass > 16x

Bypass Max > 07x

32 Byte Granularity > Disable (4 bursts)

All.jpg

For me I am getting the cold boot on 704-2BTA bios (orange slots) at vdimm 2.5 and 2.6 with 3-4-4-8 or 3-4-3-8

I ran for a couple days on 623-2 (yellow slots) @2.6v 3-4-4-8 no cold boot issues...looks like I need to go back to 623 bios and see what happens