Sign in to follow this  
ooztuncer

G.Skill HZ/Any other UCCC (2x1024) 260+ please post here

Thanks MidnightUT! Honestly, if you can get 245 @ 2.5 then I would shoot for that. Perhaps you should run some everest mem benchies after getting them both stable to see which is faster. I know I would be curious... I never tried the tighter timings/lower bandwidth route, but if you can get 2.5 stable @ 245, then it might be worth it for you. That is a large drop in CL for only a small loss from the SPD bandwidth. If you can do that though, then I would say that you could probably get upwards of 280 stable with the looser timings though. Which would definitely be better than the 245 @ 2.5. Good luck with those!! Post us some benchies so we can see the difference if you would... :nod:

Nice OC d3M0n!

Hopefully I can get mine stable at 270, I didn't have time to put it through more than a handful of configurations last night.

A quick question. Would it be better to run this RAM with a 09/10 divider at 270 with semi loose settings, or tighter timings with a 05/06 divider at 245.5. I was able to get my memory to run at 2.5-3-3-8 @ 245.5 with everything else at Auto for 45 mins before failing test 5 so with some tweaking it should be able to run stable hopefully.

I read through Angry's thread on the subject but he is comparing two diffferent brands of memory so I don't think its a good representation of this situation. What is the general consensus on this memory? 09/10 divider with loser timings, or 05/06 with tighter? Also I'm not concerend with pure benchmark numbers as much as I am true impact on gaming/video/audio encoding etc.

I will continue to research and experiement, just trying to decide which path to tackle first and thought someone might have some experience.

Guest akahai

Hey I was wondering had anyone run the Corsair Value Select 2GB kit (the one with UCCC on BP board)? I noticed that the price on those are good but don't know how well they OC. Any idea?

I had a 1gb CorsairValueselect stick a few weeks back, and I overclocked them to around 208mhz before it corrupted my hard disk.

I moved onto my gskill.

Things are going well for me now. Usually I can't get past test #5 at 261mhz, but I got some settings where I get up to test #18 but fail.

Should be able to get 261 soon though.

Guest akahai

Looks like those corsair are no good as far as for OCing.

Ultra-D 623 -2BTA

FSB - 275

LDT - Auto

CPU/FSB Ratio - 10

Vcore - 1.425 X 104%

LDTv - 1.30

CHPv - 1.6

Vdimm - 2.7

DRAM Frequency - 200 (1/01)

CPC - Enable

Tcl - 3.0

Trcd - 4

Tras - 8

Trp - 4

Trc - 8

Trfc - 16

Trrd - 02

Twr - 02

Twtr - 02

Trwt - 04

Tref - 3120 Cycles

Twcl - 01

DQS Skew Control - Auto

DQS Skew Value - 0

DRAM Drive Strength - Normal 3

Max Async Latency - 8.0ns

DRAM Response Time - Normal

Read Preamble Time - 6.0ns

Idle cycle limit - 256 cycles

Dynamic Counter - disable

R/W Queue Bypass - 16X

Bypass Max 4X

32 Bit Granularity - Disable(4 bursts)

I am thinking about getting on the G.skill bandwagon, but I would like to know about their support. I have always been a big fan of Corsair because their products have always worked well for me, and in the 1 rare case where it didn't, they helped me out. Their support was excellent. How is G.skillz support? Will they leave me hanging if my set dies?

302 HTTx9 on Divider 180 at 1.550 + 102.4% Vcore + Dram 2.66 Volt

RAM speed 271.9 Mhz

CPU 2718 Mhz

BIOS and DRAM settings as per Signature

Spreadsheet updated on March 01, 2006 2.55 pm.

Deleted entry: Clint (upon his request)

Added HZ entries: g.skill technician, boomer, praz, roger d25, d3mon, saruman, cpdmf, crow / wevsspot

Added other UCCC: lord davis.

Thanks and congrats dudes!!

@crow: nice overclock but please post like others with ur bios information, only an A64 screenie doesnt completely gives all the information we are seeking.

@all: original post updated

PS: I will include myself in the next update (@265mhz right now)

Update: wevsspot I am sorry that I forgot you to include in this post (I put ur entry in the spreadsheet though)

Thanks for including my entry, and also thanks a bunch for starting and maintaining this spread sheet. What a great tool, and another perfect example why the DFI-Street Forum rocks this world!