G.Skill HZ/Any other UCCC (2x1024) 260+ please post here

ooztuncer

Set your ram voltage to 2.8 or you won’t move anywhere off 250MHZ!

Actually, that not quiet the experience I have with a set of these. I've got mine set to 2.61v and the max for them is around 267Mhz. I find that any increase in voltage does more harm on this set than good.

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, that not quiet the experience I have with a set of these. I've got mine set to 2.61v and the max for them is around 267Mhz. I find that any increase in voltage does more harm on this set than good.

Well I got two sets of these sticks and both of them like 2.8V! One of them runs 263MHZ and the other 274MHZ max. :)

I've got two sets as well and both of them reach 270 mhz no problem on stock volts. And thats where I stopped. I might be able to go higher.

It's the same for my UCCC ram , though mine's a different brand , granted, but 2.6 is what they seem to like.

Maybe a gradual increase in voltage and mhz would yield different results but I haven't been game to do that, especially as it wouldn't serve me atm as my CPU is hitting a wall between 2925 and 3Ghz with a 150 divider.

Yeah, so far anything above 2.6 vdimm makes things worse for me. I did follow the OC guide, but I really think my timings are way outta whack. I'll try those you posted above Hitandrun, and then I'll try upping the vdimm some if I don't get anywhere.

Yeah, so far anything above 2.6 vdimm makes things worse for me. I did follow the OC guide, but I really think my timings are way outta whack. I'll try those you posted above Hitandrun, and then I'll try upping the vdimm some if I don't get anywhere.

While we're on the subject of voltages, I'm a little perplexed about them.

What I should say is, I'm not really sure when I should up my CPU voltage. I'm currently working on getting my rig to run prime95 without errors (dont we all?) and just feel kinda lost.

This is the best board, CPU and RAM not to mention gfx card I have ever had. I can't even say I'm trying to get it "stable", because truthfully, this rig is a dream, even at 3ghz I haven't had any issues with 3dgaming or anything else. Just prime95. :confused:

Now I am NOT saying prime95 is buggy, as someone once said. That would sink to the bottom of the ocean like a ten ton lead turd LOL :P

What I guess I am asking is this:- Ok, I have learned I had to up the volts on my CPU a little to get 2900Mhz stable, because I work from trial and error, I started with a low voltage, which windows did not like very much DOH. So I have it stable now at 325*9 but when I hit around 330 I can get prime to run for about 2 hours max. At 334 it goes for about 5 minutes before giving me an error. Now I am 99 % sure it isn't my RAM or timings.

I have searched and read and searched and read some more, but just can't find any concrete method or advice which tells me when prime95 spits out an error, say, within minutes- "increase your voltage" or when it spits out an error after 2hours "you need less voltage cause your CPU is getting too hot" etc etc.

Maybe I'm not making any sense. Maybe I just wont get any higher, at least on air. I am pretty darn sure though, that this rig will do 3ghz stable and one day, just maybe I will enter an OCDB entry with an 8hour+ run of prime.

Maybe I should post a new thread "help me get my opty stable at 3Ghz" but really I don't want to make an arse of myself, and so far whenever I have posted a new topic I get told to read and search. But thats what I have been doing!!! lol :tooth:

I just could do with a little help/advice.

Hope I haven't bored you but hey, you're only reading this cause you wanted to right ? :rolleyes:

Browsing these forums has become a daily habit for me and I have learned a lot, despite not being a complete moron to start with, we always have new things to learn.

So to sum it all up what I am trying to get across is that I am here to learn from others, I am not an idiot, but I don't know everything either. So if I ask a question it's not cause I'm too lazy to read or to search. It's probably just because I have a specific issue and I'd like someone to help me with it, if they can and want to.

So yeah. Voltage. To increase or not to increase? I dunno anymore :cool:

Let us know how you make out!

Starting your own thread is not a bad thing. It will give you more hits and you can put in a lot more information about your current settings..

Prime failing within seconds or a minute can go either way. Could be a memory setting issue or an unstable CPU. After a couple of hours I tend to look more at the CPU and CPU related memory timings.

Use prime to help diagnose the issue. small ffts and custom tests can be a big time saver and help you split the CPU from the memory. Use a large amount of memory with a large fft custome test to help determinine memory problems.

As far as voltage goes, all you can do is add a touch and retest to see if it helps or hurts. If you have a set limit of voltage you want to run, then once you reach that point dive back into the DRAM page and concentrate on the lower half of the memory timings to see if that will allow you to get further with your OC

The "Cheat Sheet" is a MS Excel workbook file which has been zipped.

I'll try and get you a screenshot - it's got a couple of pages.

Starting your own thread is not a bad thing. It will give you more hits and you can put in a lot more information about your current settings..

Prime failing within seconds or a minute can go either way. Could be a memory setting issue or an unstable CPU. After a couple of hours I tend to look more at the CPU and CPU related memory timings.

Use prime to help diagnose the issue. small ffts and custom tests can be a big time saver and help you split the CPU from the memory. Use a large amount of memory with a large fft custome test to help determinine memory problems.

As far as voltage goes, all you can do is add a touch and retest to see if it helps or hurts. If you have a set limit of voltage you want to run, then once you reach that point dive back into the DRAM page and concentrate on the lower half of the memory timings to see if that will allow you to get further with your OC

That's some good info. I hadn't actually thought of using the smaller tests like you just said as I usually just check SuperPI runs as well as 3dmark06 then prime blend.

Now you have given me some idea to go on. Much appreciated thanks!