Nvidia Lan Port 10-100 Mbps

I was having trouble getting the nvidia port to function properly. I have DSL and use a Linksys router that supports both 10-100 Mbps. When I force 100 Mbps, I get internet, but download speeds are extremely slow, 10-15 kb/s.... just for the heck of it I tried forcing 10 Mbps FD and was able to get decent dl speeds again. On the other 2 computers hooked up to the router, I was able to dl the same file at normal speeds with a 100 Mbps connection... anyone know why this is happing with my nvidia port?

pretty sure i dont have nvidia firewall installed

using 6.70 drivers

cat5 cables, dhcp enabled

linksys befsru31 with latest firmware update (nov.-04)

I don't think I am having as drastic a problem as that, but I do think I am not getting great performance out of my nVidia interface as well.

I'd be interested in anything to try and tweak for this interface.

More info please :)

DHCP in use? Cat5, 5e, 6, etc? Router upgraded w/latest firmware?

dhcp is in use

cat5 cables in house, router is linksys befsru31, updated with latest firmware (of course this is from nov. of 04). Two older computers (p3's) are having no problems with 100 Mbps.

one last bump

nvidia lan settings

checksum offload - enabled

flow control - enabled

ieee802 support - disabled

jumbo frame payload size - 1500

low power state link speed - enable

network address - not present

optimize for - cpu

segmentation offload - enable

speed/duplex settings - force 10 fd, (sometimes though this doesn't work when starting up and i have to tinker with various settings in this menu to get any internet)

vlan ID - 1

vlan support - disable

wake lan from power off - enable

tried the marvell port, it works in 10 mbps FD... doesnt work in 100 mbps FD (same results as NV lan)

I'm not sure if the marvell lan will be anymore stable, but its pecular that both are unable to work in 100 FD

tried the marvell port, it works in 10 mbps FD... doesnt work in 100 mbps FD (same results as NV lan)

I'm not sure if the marvell lan will be anymore stable, but its pecular that both are unable to work in 100 FD

Sounds very much like this may be specific to your network. Two different adapters, same result!

If you can, try your computer on another router...it might be something funky with the board.

I have a D-link 604 in storage, that i was thinking about trying... only problem is my dad stands by that linksys router no matter how many times its flaky... will report back :)