Typical OCs for x2s?

naddie

technodanvan - What sort of temps are you getting?

Around 26C load. It's a bit chilly in here and I do believe that is a valid number too, regardless of malfunctioning Expert temp sensors. I've tried up to 1.85 volts to get 2.8 stable and never reached it.

What else can I do, all my temps are by far in the clear.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing wrong, I just think you don't want to blow your CPU, like me.

As I said the voltages needed are high and you need to relax other memory timmings too.

My temps rise to almost 60C when Prime dual-core is running.

Its just for benchmarks, 2520MHz, good memory timmings and stable is enough for me.

Marcelo

Nothing wrong, I just think you don't want to blow your CPU, like me.

As I said the voltages needed are high and you need to relax other memory timmings too.

My temps rise to almost 60C when Prime dual-core is running.

Its just for benchmarks, 2520MHz, good memory timmings and stable is enough for me.

Marcelo

According to your sig, you were able to get 2.6GHz out of your Manchester E4 stepping?

mid 50c on water? what sort of voltage are you using? I get those temps at about 1.55vcore on air

have you tried reseating your block or replacing the TIM?

I am running 2.6Mhz at idle 33 and load on 43. All these done at using 1.5V at 260 x 10.

When I try to run 2.7, i set around 1.6-1.65v to get in started.

My ambient room temp is 30-32 degree. :cool:

And everything is on water. Reseat my block a few times with AS5.

On air, I am getting 60 with stock cooler :nod:

Currently at 2.6GHz on my 3800+ at 1.5vcore, haven't tested yet to see if I can lower the voltage. Dual Prime95 stable for 12+ hours at 2.7GHz at 1.5v but my games were crashing occasionaly (not sure if it was a CPU or RAM thing) so I lowered the FSB to 260 and the crashes stopped. Was up to 2.8GHz at 1.6v for a while with a load temp of 42C (room temperature never goes above 15C in winter) but decided I didn't want to run that much voltage through it all the time. It was Prime95 stable but I never got around to testing it in games since the RAM was giving me problems even on a divider (fixed since by loosening the timings a bit but haven't tried going up to 280 since).

Seems like the minimum people are getting with ther 3800+ manchesters are 2.6 GHz. :( I am only getting 2.5 GHz. The 4400+ Toledo E6 I was able to get to 2.6GHz no problems - but any higher I could not go.

Not worth the extra money - I'd stick with the Manchester E4 and return the 4400+. the extra cache would have been nice. Too bad there is no 4000+ (2.0 GHz + 2x1MB L2 Cache).

Is my luck really that bad? Or something Im overlooking?

Mem timings are 3-4-4-8, and other timings that I did not undestand too well I left stock (either auto or left as is).

I tried to use other people's mem timings (outside of the usual 3-4-4-8, like there are more settings, you know, after the 4 that everyone advertises) - actually makes things worse.

PS: The GSKILL HZ memory I have can go up to 275 MHz memtested. So is it the CPU or the motherboard?