Help DFI chipset cooler in dying

My chipset cooler has been noisy off and on for the past 6 months. Well today it is really noisy, and is only spining @ a max of 1500 RPM. Needless to say my chipset temps are through the roof. I had to shut it down, I was afraid that it was going to cause some damage.

I remember seeing somewhere that DFI is sending out replacements.

How do I get one of these?? :tooth:

Thanks, just searched and found some good info as usual on this forum.

Bought one from the source below for $7.60 shipped :-)

http://www.eagepc.com/store.cfm?d=3005&c=4006&do=list

I would not buy from this site. Check out the reseller ratings.

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller10055.html

I am also looking for the VC-RE so If I find a good cheap one in stock (Jab-Tech is out of stock) I will edit this post with the link.

ehh eagepc is not a good choice. many have had problems with them. id of waited for jabtech to get them back in stock. which it seems they do every few weeks. if you cant cancel the order, cross your fingers you get it.

i'm trying to get a sticky or at least a nice "neat" thread going about this so we have a general spot to go instead of coming up w/ a diff. search everytime.

I too couldn't find the VC-RE so I've done the following so far.

Used a Thermaltake VGA waterblock when I had my water kit.

That worked AWESOME ! MAJOR drop in temp. Then I made

my own passive sink out of an old P4 heatsink...and that was about

the same as having the DFI cranking fan on.

As of right now I have a Vantec CCB-A1C IceBerq,

VANTEC CCB-A4P Ball Blue LED Light "IceBerq 4 Pro"

and a VANTEC CCB-A4C cooler on order.

I will use AS5 on all of these and conduct the same test

and see which performs best and see which ones if any require mods.

Get back to you in a few days.

The Vantec Iceberq CCB-A1C is a very nice fan. I put it on my Abit Nf7-S to get the FSB to 240 stable, but I dont think it will fit the DFI. Well it will fit the DFI but it's dimensions are too tall. 14mm tall and it will probably interfere with a graphics card in the first slot.

But please report back with your findings. :)

Concerning eagepc.com...

I ordered an Evercool VC-RE from eagepc.com about mid December. It didn't arrive until mid January. NewEgg it is not!

While waiting for my VC-RE to arrive, I discovered eagepc is a Power Seller on eBay. They've done 21,000+ auctions and they have a 98.6% feedback ratio. I emailed eagepc through eBay and someone by the name of James Lee responded to me. (Owner?) He told me my item was on backorder. He offered to refund my money. I opted to wait.

Anyway, I think all the bad feedback occurs because the site doesn't tell you wether the item is in stock. Also, he charges your card before shipping. He doesn't seem to be a crook. Just a small time operation that's a little unorganized.

If you decide to order from him, you might want to email him through eBay and ask if he has the item you want in stock. Just do a search for "evercool" and you'll find him.