How high should I take the HTT/FSB?

avman

How high should I take the HTT/FSB?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This one may seem somewhat irrelevant but if anyone knows or has a definitive opinion I'd like to hear it.

My current system is an X2 3800+ on a DFI LP UT NF4 SLi-DR with OCZ-VX 4000 Ram.

I'm trying to run everything as close as possible to it's limits but I still have some options with the HTT and I'm not sure if running it higher has any benefits - there doesn't appear to be any obvious benchmarking benefit.

With the cooling I'm using, the stable maximum I can get from the CPU is around 2750Mhz. At any sort of tight timings, the Ram will only go to 260 which leaves me with 3 (mostly stable) choices:

1. 275HTT x 10, mem at 9/10 = 250mhz 2225 1T

2. 306HTT x 9, Mem at 5/6 ~ 250mhz 2225 1T

3. 344HTT x 8, Mem at 3/4 ~ 250mhz 2225 1T

Benchmarking produces similar results at all 3 settings... Any Suggestions?

If benchmarking produces similar results I guess you have your answer. Conventional wisdom says that the 344 HTT *should be the fastest* due to the speed of the bus...

Yeah - I guess I was hoping someone would say I'd missed something simple and I should do .... to make it go that much faster :-).

That being said I popped the lid over the weekend -- Isn't running any quicker but It's much more stable at a slightly lower voltage now.

SuperPi 32m and Gaming stable - MoHAA/Fear/HL2. I've never had enough patience to leave it alone long enough to be truly "Prime Stable" - After 20 minutes running dual I usually say... good enough :rolleyes: ... wife'n'kids tend to seriously reduce tweak and gaming time so I tend to take whatever I can get and run with it..... :)