Sign in to follow this  
quisman

All NF4 chipsets air cooled

This won't fit???

Force_01.jpg

I always wondered if it was posible to bend heatpipes... ??? :confused: A lot of heatsinks out there with heatpipes, if only I could modify them so they fit in the right places.

The 512MB versions and they are dual slot and come almost to the end of the motherboard and if you look where the chipset is i really don't think there is anyway to mount it.

Well I am not sure how that heatsink is mounted... but could it be in a way that the fins/fan are pointing up, so the video card would be mounted directly on top of the base of this heatsink, thus the heatpipe and fins are clear on top of the card?

The 512mb video cards are longer and thicker, but I believe this "thickness" is towards the other side from the slot. I would like to know just in case it can work, but a "conventional" Evercool or IcerberQ 4 do the job very well so there is no real need.

This is what I have done, sorry for the double post I should have put this here in the first place:

I have spent some time trying to lower my computers temps, at their worst I was getting an idle and load PWMIC and chipset temp of around the 45 and 50c respectively. I know this is acceptable for alot of people but it’s too hot for me.

After a bit of work, lowering the LDT volts back to stock and changing my HSF I managed to lower them to around 37cpu, 44pwmic and 45 Chipset idle. However after gaming for a while (1hour +) they were creeping up again to around 47c mark. To solve this I modded the side panel of my Cooler Master Stacker case to allow a 120mm fan to blow directly across the PWMIC area and ram. In addition to this I reversed the HDD cade housing an internal 120mm so I blew directly across the chipset/pwmic arse. Here are some pics of what I have done:

Mounting120mm.jpg

Side120mm.jpg

Reverseinternal120mm.jpg

After doing this I replaced the side grill, I then ran 3dmark 06 (I Know its not the most intensive bench mark but it gives an indication of the effect of the new 120mm side fan)) Here are the results:

With Side Fan

CPU PWMIC Chipset

Idle 30 29 37

Test 1 38 34 43

Test 2 38 36 43

Test 3 39 39 44

Test 4 39 40 44

Test 5 38 38 44

Test 6 38 38 45

Without Side Fan

CPU PWMIC Chipset

Idle 31 33 40

Test 1 38 37 42

Test 2 39 40 43

Test 3 40 42 44

Test 4 42 43 43

Test 5 38 41 43

Test 6 38 41 44

These were done late at night so I have included a pic of my temps as I type this:

Temps.jpg

It seems to have worked for me so I thought I would share it with you as I have seen an ever increasing number of posts about these temps.

You should also get the coolermaster X-Flow fan because that works well, i'm currently idling at 39 degress, where's it idles at 45 to 49 with it disconnected.

Got myself a Vantec Iceberq ( Vantec Iceberg 4 CCB-A4C VGA Cooler with Blue LED and the Vantec CCB-A1C )

today, i am going to install it saterday.

@ first i wanted the Forcetake but it is going to take long before it is here in the Netherlands to arrive so the vantec has to do the job.

Anyway before installing we have to mod the cooler for the mounting.

But i still got a question about the cooler:

some people use foam and some dont, is this really necessary or can i do it without the foam ?

And if i have to use foam, wich foam is best ( for example can i reuse the chipset fan foam from the original one ? ) or where can i get this ( srry for the noob question )

grt

ps: does the iceberq has speed regulator on it ?

I re-use the foam from the original DFI chipset HSF. It is merely there to help keep the HS balanced as the chipset die is really small. Any foam will work as they are non-conductive.

I re-use the foam from the original DFI chipset HSF. It is merely there to help keep the HS balanced as the chipset die is really small. Any foam will work as they are non-conductive.

K thnx for the qiuck reply m8

I read al lot good of experience about this fan, if i only could get a evercool here in the netherlands i would have taken that one but this will do the job i think ( hope )

i assume that 15-20 degree drop is in fahrenheit, right?

EDIT: It's too bad somebody can't just make something like what Asus did that is compatible with the DFI