What can a 3200XP Barton be OC'ed to?

thanks medianOCer. Flashed the bios ok to latest, still not getting very far on overclocking though. I've got it to 2362MHz (10.5x225) and everything runs ok but an error message occurs on prime05 after 56mins.

I then dropped to 2300MHz just to see if how that would go under prime95 but I still got errors. If I drop the speed anymore it will be hardly worth oc'ing it :(

OC'ed graphics card thought with excellent results (much easier for a noob)

P.S - still using the same fan that came with the volcano.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what timings are you keeping on Auto? ...you need to manipulate timings other than the classic 2-2-2-5 timings. DOWNLOAD NF2 Tweaker by CodeRed from the XS forums. then run the app with your best stable settings, then make sure you have the nf2 tweaker app in focus by clicking on a blank apot of the app, then use the "Alt and Prt Scr" buttons to capture the app to past into paint or another graphics app that you use. save the GIF of the screen cap to an online storage website and link it to us on a post in this thread.

this way, we will be able to tell you about the memory settings; as these are more than likely the reason you're not passing prime.

TGM

heres that image

Nforce%20Tweaker.jpg

yup, you're not even touching your Alpha timings. that is the problem. you will prolly want to change your AGP Bus Lat to 64 and your PCI Lat to 128

from there, you should set up your timings to this

DRAM Timings

(then Cas Lat to 2.5 (sometimes ram doesn't like 2.5 so you could try 2.0 also))

DRAM Alphs Timings

(then set Command Per Clock (CPC) to disabled)

now, if you're only going to use the Tweaker app to make your settings, do not forget to use the "file" command option "set to start up" with windows.

about vmem, i find that vmem is the single most important voltage to play with for making an overclock stable. second would be the vcore voltage, thirdly would be the NB voltage and lastly would be the AGP voltage. you could most likely set the vmem to 2.9v for bus speeds from 200mhz~220mhz your milage will vary b/c of the ram you're running as i haven't taken the time to do research into the drams your ram sticks are using.

now go and test for prime stable. and report your research back here for us. :)

TGM

Are you able to bump up the fan speed on your Tt Volcano 12 fan? The fan that came

with mine has two different fan speed modules that can be hooked up to the fan. I've

used both and they both seem to work well. Right now I'm using the one that mounts

in the front of a comp case and in an additional floppy drive slot, which makes it real

easy to adjust the fan speed.

Yeah, you might need to mess with the Alpha Timings. I didn't mention much about

getting into those previously, because I was unsure whether you had the ability to

adjust those in the BIOS that you were running with your board, before. I also was

curious to see if the Auto/default Alphas would do anything for you or otherwise.

With some RAM they're okay, with others manual adjustment of them is needed, and

depending to what degree an OC might be configured, or how agressive you're

running and etc.

What BIOS version are you running right now, 11.24.4 or something else?

Depending on the BIOS version, you might have access to the Alphas now,

as well as the Command Per Clock (CPC/tCR) option in your BIOS.

Nice to see you're using the NF2tweaker utility also. Great little prog.

Take care guys/gals, back later.