Video Card Water Cooling

bripley

I am in the process of putting together a system with the components listed below. What I have yet to order are the video cards (SLI) which will be cooled by Koolance's VID-NV2-L06 blocks. Does anyone have experience with either 7800 GT or 7800 GTX boards in this configuration? What is the best board to use for perfomance and proper cooling?

The big question is: What water pump and radiator are you going to use? Are these 1/4", or 3/8" or 1/2"?

The Koolance waterblocks use 1/4" fittings which can restrict water flow on a system with 3/8" and 1/2" tubing and pump, if you are going to cool two in SLI I suggest using two Koolance Y connectors (one 3/8" into two 1/4") to run both waterblocks in parallel, that way the two 1/4" waterblocks with have a a little less restriction than using 3/8" system.

You could also look for the Innovatek Cool Matic blocks, the new ones look to be better than the Koolance. I am using their NV45 version to cool down two 6800GT's in the configuration I explained, with the MCP655 waterpump (1/2") in a 3/8" tubing system with a BlackIce Extreme II radiator (3/8")... and the results are very good.

Good luck