Big Typhoon setup

Postal Dude

well first of all, even if u blow downwards, the fins wont get that hot AT ALL. so the air circulating the PWMIC area is still..... room temperatue at the warmest. with the air movement, it drops a few more degree. its better than sucking the air, which will NOT suck any warm air from the PWMIC area, making that area having no air movement whatsoever. which of course, worse than at least having some warm air blowing to it.

secondly, if u want to suck upward, u need a damn good circulaion on ur case, or a hole in the window or somethin, or else its just gonna make it worse.

on my stacker 830 i've got two 120's on the right of the HSF blowing down on the PWM and GFX areas, so if my CPU fan sucks out, it'll help circulate that cool air coming from outside the mesh grill.

you're right though, in other setups it would just make it worse, but because mine's setup the way it is, it just may help.

My dream case is on order. Hopefully the Temjin 107 is everything it's said to be.

But noting the setup of it, using the TT BT to blow down to the cpu would be wisest

due to the dual rear intakes and two top outputs. So if you have rear intake and

top exaust i would think blow down is best. Also if you have a side intake right by the cpu fan.

Down no doubt. I tried last night and it was hotter with the fan sucking than without fan...

Some numbers with 2xprime95 large:

Fan sucking: 43-44c

No fan: 42-43c

Fan blowing: 38-39c

That is because the fan can't suck enough air through the fins. The air flow was so low in my hand I thought it was running much slower. But Smartguardian reported ~1300rpm.

I also made a little and very easy mod I saw at XS. This is the thread:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=81117

It takes 1 minute or less if you have the foam and scissors :D