Not recognizing SATA hard drives!!

Have xp installed onto Nvidia Raid 0 with 2 raptors. I tried putting other SATA hard drives in but it was not recognize by either MOBO or Windows.

Tried new drivers and updated bios but no go. I also tried the SIL as well.

What should I input in bios?

SIL = SATA, Raid, disabled?

Please help.

Can you see the SATA drives in the Windows Disk Management utility?

start>control panel>performance and maintenance>administrative tools>computer management>storage (expand key) then select disk management

Can you see the SATA drives in the Windows Disk Management utility?

start>control panel>performance and maintenance>administrative tools>computer management>storage (expand key) then select disk management

No. I tried looking in there but only the the raid and one ide hard drive. Its not recognizing any other sata hdd.

im having the same issue with my expert board. When i plug the SATA drive onto my board it dont even pick up the drive in the bios. im stumped because i dont know if i have a bad drive or not, i have nothing else to test it on.

im having the same issue with my expert board. When i plug the SATA drive onto my board it dont even pick up the drive in the bios. im stumped because i dont know if i have a bad drive or not, i have nothing else to test it on.

dont think its a bad drive. I have 4 other hard drive connected and the mobo/bios not recognizing any of them.