Kittie Albums

O(V)eGA_l2el)

Ok I have purchased a few Kittie CDs (Kittie is an all female metal band for those who dont already know) but anyway each Kittie cd comes with its own built in video and audio player but what i want to do is copy the music files onto my system in order to listen to the CD(s) music with Winamp. But my problem is I dont know which file within the CD(s) are the music files.

This is what I get when I browse the CD(s):

(Subfolders)

CDKAUDIO-->cdkaudio.apl file(257bytes),default.wrf file(35bytes)

CDKVIDEO-->charlotte.cdk(38.4kbytes),mouthful.cdk(37.2kbytes),wolves.cdk(30.8kbytes)

FRONTEND-->cdkplay(reference file)

HELP-->readme file

PLAYERS-->cdk2ap(ex_file 322kb),cdk2vp(ex_file 286kb), gameinst (ex_file 44kb) uninstal (ex_file 56 kb)

Every folder has a few picture files within also but that isnt music <_<

Im guessing the music files are the cdk files and I need something that can play cdk files? Am I wrong heh

i strongly doubt the cdk files are the songs unless you mistakenly wrote kbytes when you meant megabytes. Songs on a cd will be much larger in size than any mp3 you would have. The size would be closer to a wav file. I would say get an audio ripping program (i think cdex is one, but i can't remember now since my computer is currently being fixed), and when you load it, i think it normally only shows the tracks to be ripped, so that should let you know. also, a program like that will allow you to rip them into mp3 format for playback on your comp. I do that a lot. kazaa ain't the only way to get mp3z ;). Hope i helped somewhat.

P.S. btw, you cannot just copy the files that's on the cd and have it play. my friend tried that and wondered why she couldn't get winamp or any other program to play it. It doesn't work like that.

Ok thanks I will search google for music match and I did not misspell kbytes those files are kilobyte(s)

And I do know that you can not directly copy the audio files from any media (unless you want a number of 1kb files) <_<

Edited by O(V)eGA_l2el)