Sign in to follow this  
joek71

Are these Mobo as good as DFI?

Guys are these mobo good as the DFI NF4 SLI-DR Expert?

EPoX EP-9NPA+Ultra Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra

DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra

ECS KN1 Extreme Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD

The Ultra-D is a fine, fine board, but i'd never buy an epox or ecs unless i was going for a budget system.

Depends on what you want out of them. More information as to the use if its OCing then that should be easy for you to know.

Guest thespin

If you are not going to use SLI, I would recommend the Ultra-D over the Expert ...

Why would recommend the Ultr-D over Expert? I got the Expert, they are identical arent they? I agree on the Epox had one and sent it back was no good but some people swear by them. The ecs mobo got good reviews but i dont trust it. Did I make a misktake by getting the Expert model?

For a system runnign stock I would have 100% faith in the ECS. For overclocking I think it is hard pressed to find another board to compare to the DFI.

Something interestig I have seen was the Asus 32 Sli had the HTT @ 300 with an Htt Multi of 5 I am trying to figure out how they were able to pull that off with out major stability issues , I know the chip used was a Opty 148 but it does not differ from the Sandiego that much that it would allwo the Htt to be that far out of spec, would it?

What about Abit boards? Abit Fatal1ty AN8 SLi,KN8 Ultra and AN8 32X , AT8.

I had my first build with Abit KG7-Raid, I loved that board but one day it just died no boot no power nothing so I switched to DFI and I love it even more.

Isn't ABit a failing company? I thought I had read somewhere that the company was in dire straits. If so I'd stay away.

Honestly you are the first one who is telling me that, I was a good comapny now I would not know. If you find that article I would liket oread it. Abit got me started on OC. I heard that the people who started DFI were part of Abit is that true?

Why would recommend the Ultr-D over Expert? I got the Expert, they are identical arent they? I agree on the Epox had one and sent it back was no good but some people swear by them. The ecs mobo got good reviews but i dont trust it. Did I make a misktake by getting the Expert model?

Expert and Ultra-D aren't identical the same, the Expert is a improved version of the old DFI nF4 serie's. So you didn't make a mistake. :)

Honestly you are the first one who is telling me that, I was a good comapny now I would not know. If you find that article I would liket oread it. Abit got me started on OC. I heard that the people who started DFI were part of Abit is that true?

Abit was a good overclocking company indeed, nowdays they aren't as good a DFI.

Sign in to follow this