SLI crashing - Signal Frequency is out of range

I'm having trouble with my computer crashing in SLI. I keep getting a message saying, "signal frequency is out of range". My moniter supports 1024x760@85Hz but I'm running it at 75hz.

I can't figure out whats wrong with it. Is it possible I have a faulty card, is there any way to check if i have a faulty card? When i run 3dmark05 it crashes after 10mins to an hour.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my moniter is giving the error - in games it sounds like its in a loop. When the message appears the sound loop ends(in 3dmark there is no sound so I dont hear a loop, but in COD2 I hear a loop for about 2-6seconds and then the message appears).

its crashing with COD2 HL2(anyhwere from 10mins - 2 hours) some older games it doesnt crash(at least for an hour or so) ... 3dmark05 crashes as well after a few loops

At one point i had no problems but SLI wasn't enabled. I enabled it and a ton of problems developed. I fixed most of them aside of this single issue.

If the sound is looping, maybe the focus should shift from the monitor to the PC..?

The sound loops and then a message appears... well sound doesn't loop from the monitor being pooped, so I'd say the monitor is actually fine.

If older games do not crash, and it only does it in SLI I would focus on the PSU (is it doing okay, is it not too hot, is it giving the right volts etc.), the cards (are they fine) and/or drivers and the lot.