Script

Badams66

When you say hidden, do you mean minimised (in task bar) or completely hidden?

if you mean minimised then.............

You make a shortcut from your Settings & Taskbar menu, for your Fah3console, make sure you place it in the StartUp folder.

Now it will start up when ever your sys does.

Next go to your menu selections to programs, to StartUp, to Fah3console,

right click here, choose properties, at the Run: feature, click on minimised, so now when you boot up it will go straight to your sys tray.

Happy motoring.................

Startup folder only applies on a per-user basis. If there is only one user, this is fine.

However, there is one aditional issue with using the startup folder. - It requires someone to log in before programs in the startup folder are ran.

If you install as a service, you don't have anything in the taskbar, and it will start as soon as the computer starts up, before anyone logs in, and will continue to run regardless of who is loged in.

• 1 month later...
I have a script I use.

As I said, I'll clean it up and post it here, however I haven't had any time to work on it. It'll be done when it's done.

How bout that script d3? Im starting to itch from the anticipation!

p.s. Thats not meant sacastically, i really do have an itch :ph34r:

I was trying to get all fancy with it and use an install shield, and all that.

Can't get it to work right. :/

I do have a batch file that will just copy the files over, install it as a service, and start it up... requires you to hit enter 3 or 4 times. But other than that it works. The floppy that it's on is either in my truck, or at home. I'll check my truck in an hour when I goto lunch, if it's there I'll zip it and post it... if it's at the house, I'll post it Sunday when I get home.

Well, found some problems with my script... the one major problem, is that the F@H license agreement forbids redistribution of the F@H client.. meaning that the script that I had was illeagle. And since I'm not about to get myself or OCC in trouble, it's not going to be posted.

However, I did find a very nice program that installs FAH as a service, allows you to enter your name and the team number, builds the configuration settings, and then downloads the latest client from the F@H servers.. something my batch would not do.

This person basically did everything I wanted to do, but couldn't. :P

You can download the installer here:

http://www.shroomery.org/files/fahsi/

*EDIT*

It even includes an uninstall.

Edited by d3bruts1d