Sign in to follow this  
Street

Issues with Enermax Liberty & Ultra D

I would take RGones suggestions any day.

Yep and step in a pile of red-nake crap. Hehehehe. I was thinking they could take your suggestion any day as well, StephenC.

Back when that 565 cum 535 first came out; I recommended it to a number of buds because zipzoomfly had them things at awesome prices when they were new to the public. Everyone of my buds that bought had zero issues with the 565 cum 535. But like I said above sometimes things just seem to fall over in the ditch. Don't know why and ain't smart enough to know probably.

One thing I failed to mention in all of this is that an Ocz power supply may be a little more dollars but they have one of the best warranty/support situations in the world normally. And they are 'always' on the cutting edge of what is next. Trends are what they look into since they are so closely allied to the overclocking community. That should always be considered when purchasing any thing to go in one of these ROCKET MONSTER boards. Mundane need not apply.

And you will not ever find StephenC giving out mundane answers. You guys can know he has done his homework and spent his time in the pits. Get him to post you some of his been there and done that T-shirts. Rokkon guys.

RGone...

i don't know anything about that. I have built 6 systems with the 535 over the last 6 months. None have had any issues. But if street can rma and get a different brand PSU, then I would go with RGone's suggestion. I would take RGones suggestions any day.

For statistics:

I Ordered an Enermax Liberty 620w, connected everything, everything starts going for 1 sec, 4 red leds light up.

connected only 24-pin, and 4 pin, same thing, added 4-pin molex and floppy-connector, same thing.

Took old psu (Coolermaster Realpower 450w), connected 24-pin and 4-pin 12v, hit power, everyting starts going. Connected everything and it works again.

RMA , currently waiting for an answer.

For statistics:

I Ordered an Enermax Liberty 620w, connected everything, everything starts going for 1 sec, 4 red leds light up.

connected only 24-pin, and 4 pin, same thing, added 4-pin molex and floppy-connector, same thing.

Took old psu (Coolermaster Realpower 450w), connected 24-pin and 4-pin 12v, hit power, everyting starts going. Connected everything and it works again.

RMA , currently waiting for an answer.

Exactly same issue with ultra-d and liberty 620W

Enermax told me PSU is not faulty.

Any solution for this issue ?

I don't know, I bought one 420W version, installed on the DFI NF4-D, running fine.

THen just bought a 500W version, for my Ultra-D, running fine as well. Don't take my word, may be the time is not come, yet will see.

But the strange "ZAP" sound at the power up is kind of weird. After that, everythingrun well, tested with OCCT, 3DMark 03/05/06, SP2004, all fine.

Will keep watching I guess.

Here is an update of my situation with ultra-d and enermax 620;

DFI had no problems with other several Atx 2.0 PSU's, i tested.

My Enermax works flawlessly with Asus A8N SLI.

Everything but the cpu unplugged and DFI Ultra-D out of the case;

-there are only cpu and cooler on the mobo. Liberty connected via 24pin..result; shut down after power on. (BTW, cpu fan is Zalman 7700cu)

-only cpu (no fan). 24 pin connected. No shutdown.

-only cpu (no fan). 24pin and 12v connected. Liberty shutdown.

-Nothing on the mobo. All power cables are connected. No shutdown.

I will rma the mobo..but i still couldnt figure out what exactly the problem is.

I dont know the if the others tried that but any ideas are welcome.

Regards.