Sign in to follow this  
Oclock

New System Instability

I just built my new rig about 2 weeks ago and have been struggling trying to get everything to run smoothly. Its rather frustrating because I have tried just about everything in the forums. Here is what ive done so far: Installed hotfix, latest BIOS, latest official drivers, AMD DC patch. I had it overclocked to 240 x 11 and the problem is consistent from any clock, cpu or GPU. Something has got to be wrong here. All my games run mediocre, every 3 minutes or so skipping a frame or two. Sometimes even a BSOD or CTD, it changes everytime. I just cannot figure out what to do, i thought maybe it was my sound card, perhaps i should try putting in the Kar audio? Any help is appreciated greatly.

Ok i think i may have found the problem... i feel really stupid. I just realized i didnt plug in the floppy dongle to the mb. I suppose thats why my comp was freaking out on high loads? Well im going to do some testing, if anyone else has any other suggestions that would b great

floppy shouldn't have anything to do with it

if you are having problems with a dual-core, you should search the forums for X2 or dual core gaming fixes (ie installing the AMD X2 driver + the Microsoft dual-core hotfix etc)

yea i have both the hotfix and the drivers installed and i have tried setting affinity, doesnt seem to do any good. Angry, the 12v/5v connection below the CPU doesnt have anything to do with stability?

no i didnt remember too. My system seems to be running fine now that i plugged the last power to the mobo, i have to do some game testing tomorrow, now i have to write a spanish paper.... Idk what to tell you about BF1942 either, but my old computer used to hate BF2, and that comp wasnt that bad. imo EA games a just glitchy. I am also trying my UTT BH-5 OCZ's in the yellow slots to see if it improves. Hell at least i can still pull a 9100 on 3dmark05 without crashing