Sign in to follow this  
mystykmax

3D instability

I am having some weird problems with my system. Just installed last night...Windows XP SP2 and fully updated. Using Nforce 4 6.70 drivers and using Cat 6.1 for the graphics card. Battlefield 1942 basically locks up as soon as it dumps me into the game. Sometimes I can get back to desktop, and sometimes I can't. It's fully updated as well. This is really irritating! Any help? advice? Thanks in advance, as I am new here.

update: found out if I shut off the onboard sound, I don't get lockups. :mad:

I think I have it figured out to some degree. If I use hardware acceleration for sound in BF1942, it will lock up as soon as I have selected the type of soldier and start waiting to spawn. If I change to software voices, it takes longer. If I shut the sound off in the game, I can play several rounds. Has anyone else had this happen? This really sucks.

they are all plugged in...:( This thing runs memtest86 fine, and I can prime95 it until I'm blue in the face, and not one lockup. Combat Flight Simulator 3 runs fine too. It's BF1942 that bombs on me. :(