bios says cpu running too hot.

From my experiences the 5/4 read in bios 2c over what was true. Smart gaurden read 6 over what was reported from the bios. 623 still reads 2c over what is true and smart garden reads 2c over what the bois reads. If you all are reading in the 60s in bios my thoughts are you better be for reading how to aplay your as5 and be rechecking your cooler mounting

yeah I worked it out now. there was a thread from yonks ago that I found on here regarding temps and this mobo and a few others.. its the temp sensor. dfi temp sensors on most boards are always unreliable. I got my clawhammer back in my asus board and its all reading right. cant really use a board that doesnt have a reliable temp sensor.

something simular like this happened to me when i first built my new system, when i first went into the BIOS to check the temps it said the CPU was way at 47-49c and i thought this was high, then i updated to the latest BIOS and the temps went down to 39-43c not a bad improvement but i think my cpu cooler isnt just good enough, BIOS told me when i restarted my comp to go into the BIOS said the cpu temp was about 41-43c but as iv read some of the replys on here say that the BIOS reads the temp 2c over what it really is, SpeedFan tells me its 36-39c on idle and 40-41c after using the pc on full load after half an hour or something.

wouldnt worry too much. its the dfi board. their sensor is actually way more than 2 degrees out. trust me on that.

I've conducted thorough tests and spoken to many a tech regarding this issue. All have said DFI mobos have dodgy readouts regarding temp sensors. Not good enough if you ask me. And my next mobo probably won't be a dfi because of all the problems I've had with this supposed 'king' of motherboards.

sheesh.

Believe me when I say that if you have had troubles O/Cin a 250 GB then don't blame the board because your pointing your finger in the wrong direction. So many like you have come and gone in the 2 or so years I've been here it's ridiculous. They all come in here thinkin they really know their crap only to prove their ignorance with statements like you just made. I personally will not miss your BS banter.