Sign in to follow this  
adam.s

Antec P180 + SLI-DR's Audio Pod - doesn't fit :(

I'm running into an issue where the Audio module that's supposed to hook into my SLI-DR is obstructed by my Antec P180's 120mm fan in the back. There doesn't seem to be any way to fit it in without cutting a slide in the 120mm fan which probably isn't the best idea.

This wouldn't be an issue, as I have a PCI sound card, HOWEVER, I just setup my system in SLI and the bottom vid card is located maybe 1cm over the sound card, which I'd prefer to remove and make use of on-board sound instead to ease up air circulation for the vid card.

I'm sure others have run into this problem before as the p180 is a fairly popular case. Any suggestions? Wasn't able to find any similar predicaments through search.

I'm interested in this problem, but I'm assuming the Expert board will have the same problem as the one described since it also has a riser board for 'onboard' audio. One of the things I'm waiting to purchase is the motherboard, so I haven't been able to see how it fits in the P180. I plan on having a separate sound card eventually, but I will obviously be moving to SLI as soon as money allows and I don't know what that will do for temps on my lower card.

Do you know what the temp is around you lower 7800GT card with/without the sound card in the PCI slot? Also, is it possible for you to move the sound card further down?

I just installed the second 7800GT this morning so wasn't able to do extensive temperature tests on them yet. I'll look into that tonight.

Unfortunately I can't move the sound card to the lower PCI slot because it's occupied by my TV tuner card (mine is a media center PC) which I can't remove.

Like I say, Ideally I'd like ot just remove the SB sound card and use on-board audio, but the audio module sits much too high to fit in properly with the 120mm fan in the way.

i would use the sound card b4 i use the onboard sound modual, can you place the sound card in your lowest pci slot?

the onboard sound isnt really the best, much better to use a sound card if you can.

without cutting a slide in the 120mm fan which probably isn't the best idea..

Thats what I needed to do with my rear 120mm fan on my stacker case..

I have no clearance issues with audio module and fan in my P180. Removed the fan, installed mb, then reinstalled the fan. It's close but it goes if you put it in after the mb is in.

-pickles

I have no clearance issues with audio module and fan in my P180. Removed the fan, installed mb, then reinstalled the fan. It's close but it goes if you put it in after the mb is in.

-pickles

Thanks! I'll give that a shot.

I can confirm that this is causing heat issues with my second 7800gt.

At idle, the top card is around 38 C, while the lower one is at 49 C. Pretty drastic difference...

-pickles

Same here.. no issues on my setup. Fan out.. MB in... Fan back in.

I have no Problems either, are you sure you are puting the audio module correctly, did you put the audio module in the mother board when you had it outside, before you put the mother board in the case.