please help

Yippy!!

Before I left to work I put the clear CMOS in effect only to put it back just now and tada, machine boots up like a dream, everything seems to work now, what a sigh of relief. I think it's the 7 december cmos, no need to upgrade right?

Oh and have been looking for a 4pin to 8pin adapter but can't find one, anybody have a link or even better one of a brand name whihc would be easier to get here I guess.

fantastic, you got it to work.....

in my builds, i always do a clear cmos first on a new mobo b4 anything, and then run the setup outside the case with a minimal of components...1 hd, 1 stick of mem, 1 optical drive...etc

and never hook up a sound card tilll after windoze is installed.

No shett icon57?? How in hale you learn the right way to do it. You must have had an older system intergrator teach the ropes of computer setup. At least he had to be from before the days of PCI2.1 and ACPI and APIC. Hehehehehehe.

RGone...

fantastic, you got it to work.....

in my builds, i always do a clear cmos first on a new mobo b4 anything, and then run the setup outside the case with a minimal of components...1 hd, 1 stick of mem, 1 optical drive...etc

and never hook up a sound card tilll after windoze is installed.