- asus 7800 gt silent

- amd opteron 170

- arctic cooling freezer 64 pro

- hiper 580 SLI psu

- NEC 3551

used from my previous pc

- lian li aluminium case

- creative x-fi

- crucial ballistix pc3200 2-2-2-6 512MB x2 ( I have 3 and am waiting for #4)

- msi wifi 54g card

Hooked it up, installed everything, say no go.

What happens is, all the fans (psu, casefans, cpu fan) start spinning, no display on the monitor, 4 red leds burning.

FYI, yes I did search the forum,

Yes I only used two of the modules and placed them on the orange slots. The psu is a really high end psu even if you don’t know the brand in the us (do you?).

So I’m thinking, I do not own an amd 64 cpu besides the opteron, is this error because I need to update the bios? Please advice because I’m pulling out my hairs as we speak.

To make sure there isn't a at this stage "non-important" hardware interfering, have you tryed to run a minimized system including just your mobo, CPU, RAM and videocard?

Min. system set up and one stick of ram in the top orange slot! Before this do the DFI way BIOS reset. You find the link to it in my sig. :shake:

Thanks, will do so when I get back from work,

- Just one module in dimm 2,

- take out the additional pci cards,

- major reset of the bios found here,

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...04&postcount=24,

which sounds rather elaborate what's the deal there? I might be reading it wrong (english not my first language) but what do you mean with move the speaker jumper to the ON position? You mean the jumper from the case (next to the leds and switches) or is there a speaker jumper on the mobo itself?

Will do all three as described above and report back here in about 4 hrs, off work in 3, who needs food right?;)

but what do you mean with move the speaker jumper to the ON position? You mean the jumper from the case (next to the leds and switches) or is there a speaker jumper on the mobo itself?

yes, there is a speaker jumper on the board itself located near the onboard power buttons and pinouts.

Make sure indeed to test the system out of you're case with only cpu-ram-video installed and all psu connectors attached.

You might also want to look into issues with the xifi card : I seem to remember some problems with those (search the forum for xifi problems).

on the side: yeah i have that power supply too. which color do you have. I have the silver one. All chromed and mirror finish - looks so sweet. If u have the silver one, do u know if the sleeves are Uv reactive?

uhaulball,

You have the same psu? I just saw a topic saying I need to have a "8-pin (+12V) EPS connector REQUIRED for the Expert" while the hiper has a 4-pin, this isn't a problem since you have the same psu?.

I'm checking back here for the clear cmos procedure and printing it out.

Btw, I have the blue version, the sleeves look bright blue, haven't turned on the neon light yet but the sleeves look like ac ryan sleeves so it's likely. The connectors are definitely uv reactive.

Wish me luck

Alright, will buy an 8-pin adapter, but this shouldn't be the cause of my problems right?

So still in trouble here, I

1) slided the mobo out the case, removed all but the cpu and vga

2) one module on dim 2

3) the elaborate reset

which had the following result, the compu powered up, all fans started spinning, the red leds went from right to left untill the left led kept burning, some bleeps from the speaker, afterwhich the fans stopped spinning.

Now I'm searching the forum for an explanation but don't feel too good about it. Am I right to conclude this might be a vga problem? It's the 7800 gt all heatsink no fan. I'm going to reste the bios, the elaborate way, once more and pen down the exact bleeps.

Wish me luck.

KBY. in the mobo manual, it says use an 8pin if ur psu has one, if not, use the 4pin. My comps using the 4pin right now. I have an additional 4pin near the 1st pci-e slot and then the standard 24pin. i think it should be enough, it isnt the source of your problem. well im not getting zapped by my tower at least, and i have an all aluminum lian li.

Yeah I saw that , use the 4pin if the 8pin isn't there (an additoinal yellow note actually), but saw elsewhere on the forum that the 8-pin is required for the expert (psu recommendations)hence the question.

I think it's the beeps from the vga error, crap. Going to sleep now, a tad pissed off so better not work on the rig.