Sign in to follow this  
ganders75

Prime Failure

my compy did the same thing. at one point i passed prime for 8+ hours at 2.7ghz mem 1:1 1.5vcore. then the next few days i ran it again and failed within a few hours, i dropped the oc to my current settings, and it runs fine. ive ran prime after the comp has been running for a day or two and its been fine.

I have the same issue cpu 0 crashes within seconds cpu 1 runs 13hrs straight i stopped it,any suggestions, thanks.

opteron 175 1.6

g.skill ddr600

ocz 580 psu

not much you can do....raise volts to cpu and/or ram, loosen ram timings, tweak ram settings....or back down oc till both cores become stable on p95

I set everything up for dual core running (-a0 and -a1, and the affinity settings to match). Anyway, I noticed that prime crashes out within seconds on both cores.

What do you mean with (-a0 and -a1)?

I know you can set the affinity both in taskmanager and prime but what is that? :O

Yeah, that is what I figured... So guys, you have any suggestions for things to check? I've tried pretty much everything I can think of - and i've even got a new PSU to try too. I know that the ModStream is supposed to be on the recommended list - but I'm not totally happy with the leads - you just can't make them neat in my case...

Just FYI: I'm running Prime again now - after the rig being cold all day and everything is cool... The problem is that after 36+ hrs of standard running Prime is having none of it. Anything I can reseat that might cause similar issues? Should I try running Memtest for 48+hrs and see if anything comes up?

I'm running way loose timings - even gone back to the weakest stable ones set by OCZ over on bleeding edge... Not much to do there I think... What could be causing the delayed onset prime failure?

Thanks for any thoughts,

ganders

hahahaha - yeah, i know the feeling... getting this [email protected] as stable as it is has been a bit of a chore. I am actually a computer nerd by trade - and i have to admit that one or two of my mates have been taking the p1ss just a little bit...

so, how about the errors in prime on only CPU0... common problem?

CPU1 ran for hours... but CPU0 fails after seconds :S

Still stable in games and 3dmark etc..

The general rule of thumb (and some people might try to disagree) is that if either core fails then you aren't Prime stable. If you are setting affinity for your games you might be able to make them run only on the good core, but that seems like a bit of a ghetto hack... if you can increase your voltage a little you might be able to bring the other core into line, or you might need to back off your OC a bit...?

The general rule of thumb (and some people might try to disagree) is that if either core fails then you aren't Prime stable. If you are setting affinity for your games you might be able to make them run only on the good core, but that seems like a bit of a ghetto hack... if you can increase your voltage a little you might be able to bring the other core into line, or you might need to back off your OC a bit...?

Thing is that I dont want to back of my oc :rolleyes:

But thats maybee not an alternative :/

I found a opty 165 with 0551 stepping, will try it tomorrow ;)