Windows Loads REAL slow!!!

Hi Everyone. Recently bought the DFI NF3 250Gb 754 MOBO and now I am having an irritating problem with it. It seems to work fine once in windows. But when its actually LOADING windowsXP it takes about 2 and a half minutes to boot in. It looks like it is trying to find something.

I used to have an Asus K8N 754 Mobo with exactly the same hardware as what I got in the DFI nf3 Mobo now and when I loaded winXP it booted within 15 seconds.. real fast.

So whats the deal with this Mobo? I'm going to have to buy another Mobo if I can't get this problem fixed as this is too irritating to stand. I've tried going through bios settings and threads on this forum but have found nothing yet. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

AT

Guest Dynamic

If you recently purchased a new motherboard you'll need to reformat and reinstall a fresh copy of windows. The operating system is having a hard time understanding the drivers between your old board and the new one. Hope that this helps, good luck!

I figured it out sort of. It's my dvd drive that is holding the system up. As soon as I disconnected it it flew into windows.. Any ideas what may cause my dvd drive to slow nthings down so significantly?