Sign in to follow this  
Fight Game

Running with 2 monitors

Guest FZ1

Yep. It's nice to game on one and keep an eye on temps etc on the other! I use 2 monitors at work and home and it is VERY handy!

I like playing fullscreen. The lowest resolution available for my favorite game is 1024 x 768, and I use 800 x 600 in windows. So when I need to look up something on the internet, and it goes into windowed mode, it is somewhat distorted, and all the text and stuff is too large, covering alot of the screen.

So, even if I am in "dual view", or any other mode, I won't be able to play in fullscreen, while having internet explorer open on the other moniter...correct?

you can have it open, yes. but you cannot scroll or otherwise "use" that screen while playing in full screen, unless of course you alt-tab out of the game and make a change. that answer your question?

yes it does answer my question, and I guess it was answered earlier, but with the talk of the "dual view" mode, I wasn't sure if that was something different, that would allow me to do this...

So, if I alt-tab, my game will go windowed mode, then I'll be able to look up stuff on the other moniter, but when I go back to game, I'll have to hit fullscreen again....pretty much what I'm doing now with one moniter, so I guess in this case, there's no need to run 2 moniters. I guess I could try setting my windows resolution higher, and playing in windowed mode, then switching to 800 x 600 when I need to (when not playing my fav. game. Nvidia should have an option in the properties, to be able to do this type of thing...can't be that hard...

not hard, but an inconvience with one monitor. i find all that extra desktop real estate to be valuable. for everything else *besides* games, dual monitors rock. esp when reseaching/studying/following walk throughs in photoshop or any program. having everything side by side, AND OPEN, is really really nice. i didnt think id utilize at first, but once i started learning how to use em, i cant stand only one monitor.

not hard, but an inconvience with one monitor. i find all that extra desktop real estate to be valuable. for everything else *besides* games, dual monitors rock. esp when reseaching/studying/following walk throughs in photoshop or any program. having everything side by side, AND OPEN, is really really nice. i didnt think id utilize at first, but once i started learning how to use em, i cant stand only one monitor.

QFT!

I was running on 2 monitors (Viewsonic P225FB tube monitor and Viewsonic VPW505 50" plasma) until the plasma died.

I'll be purchasing another P225FB (or similar) here shortly to regain my dual-monitor capability.

The other monitor will shut off when you run games...To bad. it would be the same as ALT+TAB

thats a negative.

ive always used 2 monitors, and using nview, u can set it to Dual-view.

i play fullscreen games on 1, and running TS, MSN, and Xfire on the other (somtimes winamp too if i play CS).

when u play a game and the mouse is being used for rendering control (in-game fps), u will have no control over the 2nd monitor UNLESS u press alt-tab, which will minimize ur game-monitor and let u control both monitor. remmeber, the game is still running on the minimzed........

but on Menu or options, where it is in-game but the mouse is not controlling ur movement/rendering, if u scroll all teh way to the 2nd monitor (depending on the games) usualy u will get access to te 2nd monitor. altho as soon as u click anywhre in the 2nd monitor, the game will be minimized....just like u press alt-tab.

hope that helps.

Guest Joalaielna
thats a negative.

ive always used 2 monitors, and using nview, u can set it to Dual-view.

i play fullscreen games on 1, and running TS, MSN, and Xfire on the other (somtimes winamp too if i play CS).

when u play a game and the mouse is being used for rendering control (in-game fps), u will have no control over the 2nd monitor UNLESS u press alt-tab, which will minimize ur game-monitor and let u control both monitor. remmeber, the game is still running on the minimzed........

but on Menu or options, where it is in-game but the mouse is not controlling ur movement/rendering, if u scroll all teh way to the 2nd monitor (depending on the games) usualy u will get access to te 2nd monitor. altho as soon as u click anywhre in the 2nd monitor, the game will be minimized....just like u press alt-tab.

hope that helps.

huh...I've never used dual monitors on an nvida card. I believe it's different with ATI. I could be wrong though.

NVIEW ROX ..dont know what support ati has....as i only purchase nVidia for last several years....and i think nView for dual monitors it like white on Bread....or brown if u like wheat