Sign in to follow this  
NOFX

USB issues with MS Wireless KB/mouse and others...

Hi DFI'ers,

I'm having a lot of issues with the USB root host controller. I recently bought a Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop keyboard/mouse kit and it's really annoying. It stutters all the time. I'm having a lot of problems to type a complete sentence. The mouse stutters and the keyboard seems to hold the keys when I type.

I also have noticed that, when I connect an external USB HDD, transfer speed were to slow.

I installed a PCI USB HUB and plugged both keyboard//mouse and HDD and it worked just fine. I also installed a couple GNU/Linux distributions and the issue dissapeared, so I assume there is an incompatibiliy between Windows XP and nForce4 system drivers.

I read a lot of threads with similar problems, but no one explained why this happens, and even worst, a solution.

I flashed BIOS to 2005/06/23 (last official BIOS available)

Does anybody have a clue? Appreciate any suggestion.

Regards,

Leon

I have exactly the same issue with my microsoft wireless optical desktop 1000 which i bought less then a week ago. My keyboard or mouse either freeze or respond incorrctly for a few seconds about every 10 min. When this occurs the "F Lock" LED on the wirelss reciever flashes. I know that they keyboard is most likely not defective as it works perfectly fine on my ancient pentium 2 pc. As NOFX said there are many posts on the internet from peopel with the same issue, someone need to find a solution. I have not tried updating bios as the only BIOS update availible as i understand only adss FX-60 support. I have a Lanparty UT Nforce4 Ultra-D

I'll just toss these ideas out for your consideration.

- Checked for any USB problems in 'Device Manager'?

- Followed the correct order for installation, which as I recall, reqiures the driver CD to be run before any devices are plugged in?

- Checked the USB wiring to front ports (if used)?

I too have had difficulties in the past with USB input devices and not just with DFI product. Especially annoying is when you must make BIOS changes with corrupted USB drivers. So, what I now do is to simply use an adapter and plug the keyboard into the legacy keyboard port. No more problems. ;)

I'll just toss these ideas out for your consideration.

- Checked for any USB problems in 'Device Manager'?

- Followed the correct order for installation, which as I recall, reqiures the driver CD to be run before any devices are plugged in?

Absolutely...

- Checked the USB wiring to front ports (if used)?

about a thousand times...

...what I now do is to simply use an adapter and plug the keyboard into the legacy keyboard port. No more problems. ;)

Ok, but it doesn't solve the problem...I want my mobo to work right, don't you?

Thanks anyway

Leon (still waiting for a solution)

I have two Logitech Wireless Optical Desktop keyboard/mouse kits and I have very similar problems. The keyboard and mouse freeze at random intervals and nothing will respond at that point. It really seems to be the USB interface that is killing me...

I have to perform a hardware restart (causing me to lose all work) :sweat: to get things functioning again. This happens with both my DFI Lanparty NF4 and Asus SLI Deluxe NF4 boards... I would also very much like to know what is causing this and what the solution is...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks!

bobby

Yeah I bought a new Logitech Laser Mouse and it lags at times, especially under high CPU load. I don't have any problems with my Logitech Wireless Keyboard or wireless Optical Mouse.

I had a Logitech MX5000 bluetooth via usb dongle keyboard and mouse. I had quite a few problems with it being slow to react about 10% of the time - got very very frustrating and made play games useless....

The only fix I found that fixed the problem in both OS (dual boot) was to use a usb extension cable????

I can't explain why this helped but it really did and might be worth trying.

Good luck...

I had (have) the same extremely annoying problem with my microsoft wireless desktop 6000..... I pluged the mouse and keyboard in the ps2 port for now until a solution is found!