Sign in to follow this  
MakubeX

Overclocking Not Possible?

First, sorry for my bad english, i hope you can at least understand what my problem is :)

So thats my system:

Elitegroup L7S7A2 V1.0

Athlon 1700+ KIUHB DUT3C

XFX GeForce4 TI4200 Turbo

TwinMOS 512 DDR-Ram PC333

Hitachi Deskstar 180GXP 120GB

LG Electronics GCE-8520B

Arctic Cooling Copper Silent 2

1*YS-Tech Silent 80*80*25 L

Hmm dunno everyone's stuff is different. If u want a easy overclock get the omega drivers for ur card as that will allow u some room.

first thing i would do is set everything back to default and try to raise you fsb up little by little and see what happens

yes reset eveything and staart over ......then once you start havig problems raise your vcore, if you are still having problems them try to up the voltage on the memory just a little.........usually the more juice you throw at them the more stable they are but the hotter they get.......also you might just have low grade memory and have to get better memory!

well elitegroup is ECS.. so im in the same boat as this guy, they dont overclock the greatest, possibly flashing to an overclocking bios thats user made and not released via ECS might help the problem, theres actually quiet a few user groups out there that have a fairly large support structure for the POS elitegroup boards

*** dont know if this will help.. but a little bit of searching and i found a new bios and an ocing guide for that motherboard, you can see them here

Edited by KaluMinati

K, i set everything back and raised the FSB.Its absolutly stable until i raise it to 140.

Thenceforwards my system freezes after max. 10 minutes in Prime and some games.If i now raise the CPU vcore a litte it still freezes as bevor.If i set the vcore to its maximum of 5% my system freezes even faster than with a lower vcore.

The increase of the memory vcore has no effect :(

I have tested these settings several hours and its really odd.

I think that your mobo is not locked so that meens that when you ar clocking to 140 or 150 your PCI and AGP will increse too in speed ....

I hope your xp1700+ is a Tbred B Core if so you can try to set you fsb to 166Mhz. and you Vcore on 1,7v or 1,8v.. (beware for your temp it will get higher).. If he will boot just do nothing only look how high you temp is .... (mbm 5.0)

Then run CPU Stability (Test 6.0 or higer) CPUWarming only and see wat your temp is doing. (not higher then 60

I have tested him again with Prime95 for several hours and now he even freezes unoverclocked.Should that mean that either the cpu or the motherboard is broken?