Sli-dr + 7800gt Co + Amd X2 3800+

adam.s

Yeah I'm not sure if power is the issue... the 480 has treated me really well up until this point.

I'm using the Zalman 7700cu on the CPU and it works pretty well.

I actually haven't done anything with the memory yet, as all the memory overclocking kind of bewilders me. That may be my critical error, I suppose.

I have another 7800 GT on the way which should arrive today that I'll be hooking up in SLI, so I may have to cool it on the overclocking. I don't really want to invest in another PSU, so if that means running at stock speeds, then so be it for now.

I'm going to start playing with OCing my 3800+ x2 shortly, so these posts are pretty useful to me (plowing my way through the guide atm too, damn it's long! :P)

Couple questions/points:

1) What's that Zalman cooler like? I considered getting one with my recent rig upgrade (to the 3800+ x2) but decided to stick with stock for the moment (will get a better cooler before going for much on the OC side).

2) If you're going to SLi with 7800GTs I think the DFI manual/adendums recommend >=500W PSU - so I'd take the oportunity to upgrade your PSU as well (I couldn't suggest a good one as I don't SLi, I bought an Enermax 535W FMA for my rig though - seems good!)

3) Anyone got any suggestions on coolers for a 7800GT for if/when I try OCing that a bit? (Links to other threads are fine, I've not had a detailed look around the boards for this info yet!)