What does your DFI board report for CPU temps?

palehorse

347 members have voted

1. 1.

• I believe that the reported CPU temperatures are accurate
    • I believe that the reported CPU temps are off by less than -10C
    • I believe that the reported CPU temps are off by -10C to -20C
    • I believe that my CPU temps are all over the place and have no idea how far they are off!
    • I have no idea.

Humh?

(although I am still a bit concerned about the engineers' need for customer chips to test this issue...)
Surely you jest!

RGone... ;)

ok, thanks for the feedback Rgone! It's nice to know that you guys are atleast remaining aware of the issue!

(although I am still a bit concerned about the engineers' need for customer chips to test this issue...)

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok the DFI-SLI-DR-EXPERT has a bit problem with temp reading sayes CPU is 25C when i take a temp probe and put it next to the little plastic cpu lock its 30C

Is there any fix for this? I really need help with this, its driveing my crazy.

DEADRAIN

Yea cause i dont wanna kill my 165 Nice OC on yours BTW :D.

I might return it (riiiight) and get a venus which is prolly gonna be 205+ so... STILL DFI FIX THIS! im not gonna kill my $300 CPU cause you cant fix the product you put out you launched.But please, can you fix this?

But if U know the temp-gap than what is the difference???

U can add 15*C and no problem.

So what to RMA??? MBM5 can do such things.

Some says that it's 12/07 BIOS which lowers temps abou 10*C - that would mean the issue could be resolved with fixed bios release. Prolly they'd just taken off degrees (by mistake :D)

I've said this already but I'll say it again. these mobo's weren't designed for the opteron proc's. if the temp is off by 5 degrees i'd say you shoudn't worry about it with those temps unless you are going to overclock and of course raise the temps. if you already have a temp probe use that.

RMA the board and get one that reads exatly the same way yea that makes sence. Use MBM do the math in your head, wait for a new bios...........

I do know it is annoying but that is life sometimes. I am sure someone will be happy to trade you for an Ultra D. Read the thread.

I'm sitting here with my new Expert board with a cpu temp of 19-20 degrees, and that aint happening. The board and chipset temps look good though, a couple degrees cooler than my SLI-DR. I figure it's about 10 degrees off. I can do the math on that, but what really bothers me is I'm setting dram voltage at 2.8v and it's reading 2.72 to 2.74 in bios and 2.7 in mbm5. Between the temps and voltage I'm afraid to oc it much. I got about 3 weeks to get my money back from newegg if the Venus becomes available, and it isn't too stupid of a price.