What does your DFI board report for CPU temps?

palehorse

347 members have voted

1. 1.

• I believe that the reported CPU temperatures are accurate
    • I believe that the reported CPU temps are off by less than -10C
    • I believe that the reported CPU temps are off by -10C to -20C
    • I believe that my CPU temps are all over the place and have no idea how far they are off!
    • I have no idea.

Hi

Motherboard: SLI-DR Expert

Mobo Revision: LP UT NF4 SLI-DR EXPERT - (NF4-E91-100 AA0)

Mobo BIOS version: 12/7 Official

CPU: AMD 4800+ ADA4800daa6cd (CCBWE 0524RPMW)

CPU ID: 1269956G50412

Idle Temp: 20C

Load Temp: 35C

Cooling: WATER

I know that using programs to measure temps is not going to be that accurate however when using MBM 5 and the latest Everest Ultimate Edition I get the following readings in temps:

MBM 5

CPU : 20 C & GPU Core : 49 C & Smart HD : 30 C

Everest Ultimate Edition

CPU : 28 C & GPU Core : 49 C & Smart HD : 30 C

So I thought that you would like to see this, as such I guess that my CPU temp is roughly/possibly out by 8 degree's or so especially when the other temps are exactly the same.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Motherboard: SLI-DR Expert

Mobo Revision: LP UT NF4 SLI-DR EXPERT - (NF4-E91-100 AA0)

Mobo BIOS version: 12/7 Official

CPU: AMD 4800+ ADA4800daa6cd (CCBWE 0524RPMW)

CPU ID: 1269956G50412

Idle Temp: 20C

Load Temp: 35C

Cooling: WATER

I know that using programs to measure temps is not going to be that accurate however when using MBM 5 and the latest Everest Ultimate Edition I get the following readings in temps:

MBM 5

CPU : 20 C & GPU Core : 49 C & Smart HD : 30 C

Everest Ultimate Edition

CPU : 28 C & GPU Core : 49 C & Smart HD : 30 C

So I thought that you would like to see this, as such I guess that my CPU temp is roughly/possibly out by 8 degree's or so especially when the other temps are exactly the same.

Does Everest Ultimate have the same problem as their home Edition in reversing the CPU and chipset readings?

EDIT: ok, I just loaded all 3 Everest versions, Home/Ultimate/Corporate, and they all have the CPU and Chipset(Aux) temps reversed. Did you already reverse them back in your info there?

Hi

In answer to your question I did not realise that there was a problem with the CPU and Chipset temps being reversed in the Everest Editions, so I have learnt something today :)

So the CPU temp in put in above therefore seems to be the Aux temp then ? in which case the Aux temp is actually the CPU temp then ? .......in which the CPU is 24 C (Aux reading in Everest) as MBM 5 is reading 21 C so a difference of 3 C in temps as opposed to the 8 C that I had originally thought.

MBM 5 reads my chipset temp as 28 C which is the same as the 'revised' Everest reading which is useful to know. In which case it is not as bad as I had originally thought and as such gives me a bit more headroom for overclocking a bit later on as I was allowing for 10 degrees.

Even so I may well err on the side of caution depending on what kind of temps I get when I do manage to make a start. My SLI-DR was getting temps of 38 C under full load with 1.475 v after 18 h of dual P95, as soon as I have had a chance to change a few things in my rig I will start re-looking at overclocking it again and see how I go.

I am taking the Maze 4 block out of the CPU cooling loop and replacing with an Evercool fan which will help reduce the overall temp even more. Ideally I would like to keep the Maze 4 bloack and may well see if that is a possibility as a temp of 28 C idle is one that I would love to keep.

The reason for the replacement is that I am fitting a DD NV78 to my 7800GTX and thought that the reduction in GPU temps was a much higer priority cooling wise than a reduction in my chipset temp.

good stuff and well thought out!

expert board 4800 90c 120 xfan 52caf

had chip + heatsink in other asus agp board

full load 55-60 dc

clocked 230 fsb 1.45 (def 1.35)

64+65 (case open) if i closed it cpu + 8dc failed cooling problem

im getting 38-40 now - shoud be getting 55-60

20dc off thats bad.... will test via analgo +digital readings soon. :confused:

Stock speed for everything

Athlon64 3700+ Stock cooling

Idle: 31/33

Load: 39/43

Question: If I pull the stock heatsink, clean off the stock thermal paste and use an aftermarket thermal paste, will it reduce my temps?

What choice did you make in the poll above? I believe mine accurate.

Motherboard: LP nforce 4 sli dr

Mobo Revision: ???

Mobo BIOS version: most recent official

CPU: AMD dual core 4800

Idle Temp: 30C

Load Temp: 36C

Cooling: Air

Bulldog has been reporting mostly to you guys. Taiwan for some reason wanted to see some cpus and soundx98 just sent his off yesterday; I think he said in this thread and it was not even to arrive until Friday in TW so I certainly do not expect anything if a test cpu is not even to any engineers of yet. At least it seems that way to me.

Myself I am not in a real need to know mode anyway since I am not into monitoring temps much. I just run em and run em hard. Nothing broke so I am still going on trying to defeat Active Armor insensibilities to my wishes. Hehehee. Off to the wide net to see if there is a tutorial for setup of this newer NVfirewall version while I motor this 4600+X2 at 2827Mhz.

If I actually hear of anything, that is productive about your concerns, I will post it here.

RGone...

Bulldog, Rgone, etc -

Has there been ANY word out of Taipai or Europe from the engineers regarding this issue?

Can we please get an update on this?

thanks ahead of time!

Bulldog has been reporting mostly to you guys. Taiwan for some reason wanted to see some cpus and soundx98 just sent his off yesterday; I think he said in this thread and it was not even to arrive until Friday in TW so I certainly do not expect anything if a test cpu is not even to any engineers of yet. At least it seems that way to me.

Myself I am not in a real need to know mode anyway since I am not into monitoring temps much. I just run em and run em hard. Nothing broke so I am still going on trying to defeat Active Armor insensibilities to my wishes. Hehehee. Off to the wide net to see if there is a tutorial for setup of this newer NVfirewall version while I motor this 4600+X2 at 2827Mhz.

If I actually hear of anything, that is productive about your concerns, I will post it here.

RGone...

ok, thanks for the feedback Rgone! It's nice to know that you guys are atleast remaining aware of the issue!

(although I am still a bit concerned about the engineers' need for customer chips to test this issue...)

Stock speed for everything

Athlon64 3700+ Stock cooling

Idle: 31/33

Load: 39/43

Question: If I pull the stock heatsink, clean off the stock thermal paste and use an aftermarket thermal paste, will it reduce my temps?

The exact same thing worked for me! so, yeah!