What does your DFI board report for CPU temps?

palehorse

347 members have voted

1. 1.

• I believe that the reported CPU temperatures are accurate
    • I believe that the reported CPU temps are off by less than -10C
    • I believe that the reported CPU temps are off by -10C to -20C
    • I believe that my CPU temps are all over the place and have no idea how far they are off!
    • I have no idea.

Choice: I believe mine is 10-20C low.

Motherboard: DFI UT Lanparty nF3 250 GB

Mobo Revision: dunno

Mobo BIOS version: 05/04 Official

CPU: AMD64 3400+ (Newcastle)

CPU ID: dunno

Idle Temp: 52C

Load Temp: 68C

Cooling: Air (Arctic Cooler 64 Pro)

you think those temps are "low"?! those numbers cant be right... they're about 15-20C too high!

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My case comes with 2 thermal probes, and displays the temps on the front panel.

Yesterday, I deceided to superglue one of these to the side of my cpu's IHS.

Per MBM, my cpu temp is currently as 32*C. The case reads the thermal probe as 41*C. One of them must be wrong.

Funny thing is, when under load, the motherboard monitor one comes up to the same reading as the temp probe. Neither ever shows more than 52*C.

you think those temps are "low"?! those numbers cant be right... they're about 15-20C too high!

Whoops you're right! :shake: My bad... But there is no option for oversensitive sensors (weird, because that's what I see most in this forum: people having trouble with high temps, not low)

I've been struggling with my CPU temps from day one. Like a lot of poeple in this forum claim, it must be the temp sensor in my 3400+ Newcastle. I had the same high temps on a MSI Neo Platinum with stock cooler or Arctic Freezer 64. With the stock cooler it would even shoot up to 74C! :confused: At one point MSI knocked off ~10C with a BIOS update.

I hoped that purchasing a DFI board would solve this, but it's still crappy. Have reseated the HSF twice, now on AS 5 compound. Airflow in my case is good, the base of the sink does not feel like 68C... I just don't seem to get rid of this problem. And that sucks, because I was planning on OC-ing this system :sweat: I haven't found a BIOS for my DFI UT nF3 250GB to fix this. Tonignt I'll try some of TMod's BIOS's to see if I can lower temp read-out. (06/23 official did not do the trick).

$p00f3r

My case comes with 2 thermal probes, and displays the temps on the front panel.

Yesterday, I deceided to superglue one of these to the side of my cpu's IHS.

Per MBM, my cpu temp is currently as 32*C. The case reads the thermal probe as 41*C. One of them must be wrong.

Funny thing is, when under load, the motherboard monitor one comes up to the same reading as the temp probe. Neither ever shows more than 52*C.

Well at least your accurate under load :cool:.

I have sensors on my Cool Drive 4 panel too (4 of them). I duct-taped one to side of my Arctic Freezer 64 Pro, but it never shows more than 22.5*C. While Speedfan measures a CPU temp of ~65*C. How 's that for a delta_T?

i think my temps are accurate and if they are off

maybe just by 1c or 2c at most

hard to say for me - because my apt. is very warm

depends how warm or cool my apt is at the time

but i think its pretty much accurate

• 1 month later...

What choice did you make in the poll above? I believe mine is 10-20C low.

Motherboard: SLI-DR Expert

Mobo Revision: ???(CPU-Z says 1.0)

Mobo BIOS version: 04/06 Official

CPU: AMD Athlon A64x2 4800+

CPU ID: 1301274h50037

Idle Temp: 37C (CPU Temperature Correction set to +10 in BIOS).

Load Temp: 48C (Dual Prime 95 after an hour)

Cooling: Danger Den Brass Top TDX.

Overclocked: 2820 MHz, VCore 1.35v*121.6%

Note: I lowered my Vcore to 1.30v and set my system for 400 MHz (100 MHz FSB, multiplier of 4). Measured my water temperature at the outlet of my CPU water block. It was 10 degrees different from the temperature reported by MBM-5, so I believe that the correction that I've applied in the BIOS is pretty close.

accuracy of temperature sensors doesnt concern me. i dont even know what a maximum temperature thats acceptable should be, only that it seems to be a status thing to have low temps. really imo, i feel the air blowing out and feel the sides of sinks ...either tells me if somthing isnt working good in the cooling department. the reported temps tell me if somthing isnt normal like if a heatsink fell off or a fan is out. if somthing runs at 50C and stays steady there and never goes higher and the system works fine then 50 is fine. if i normally run a 50 load temp and i try a diffrent OC and all of a sudden its 70 and climbing then i know somthing is wrong....reported temp #'s - i dont care...deviation from a normal reported temp - that concerns me. if somthing is too hot to touch - that concerns me to.